The Moonlit Glow of Kenfig Tree

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Well more of a backlit light pollution glow...

Evening all,

I've been meaning to get into long exposure night photography for quite some time now so have been doing quite a bit of reading around the subject. I was originally down at Kenfig Pool to take a long exposure of the moonlit water but the tree caught my eye (along with some posts that I may post up later). Here is the first photo I'm relatively pleased with. I think the tree could do with some space to grow into on the right hand side but that's all I can think of that I would change at the moment. Any critique is appreciated.

The Moonlit Glow of Kenfig Tree
by vtrjames88

James

Very nice - I quite like how it's an 'industrial glow'

The outer branches nudging the right side of the frame don't really bother me. They're fairly wispy and the main body of the tree is in the right place within the composition.

Thanks for your comment, Phil. It was a toss up between the branches touching the edge of the frame and including unnecessary brambles and mess in the foreground.

James

I like this image a lot. Different from the usual and wonderful use of the light and the tree.:clap:

Love the picture , this is what I want to aim for when I become better at photography. Love the detail of the tree it really stands out.

Back