The most amazing lenses EVER

Name
Jean
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just been luck enough to acquire two of the most amazing, fantastic, stunning lenses in the whole, wide world - and beyond!

After struggling with fairly severe shortsightedness for most of my life and going through endless cycles of glasses and contacts a routine eyetest a few months ago added cataracts to my list of woes. Can't say I'd noticed, apart from being dazzled by headlights at night but I took the plunge and had them zapped. The first one 2 weeks ago and the second one yesterday and

I CAN SEE, :D:D:D

Wow - everything looks bright, fresh and really, really clear. One eye is set for distance vision and the other for medium/close vision (the brain adapts to this ok) Total transformation for me.

And TP looks even more fantastic - what great pics everyone's posting. I can't stop :Ding.

hehe congrats :) Is it similar to the effect you get when you walk out of the opticians with new glasses and everything suddenly seems really sparkly and clear, the side effect is that I always seem to feel like a muchkin with new glasses, dunno what this all about! :|

good for you for taking the plunge :)

i too am seriously short sighted but i certainly wont be lasering them, i like my glasses, i look daft without them!

Ditto...

I look daft without glassed (and with for that matter) and im too much of a chicken to have it done.

hehe congrats :) Is it similar to the effect you get when you walk out of the opticians with new glasses and everything suddenly seems really sparkly and clear, :|

Yes, excatly that - only wider field of vision.

I'm still so excited I've misled you all a bit: I've actually had the cataracts removed surgically and new lenses implanted into my eyes, not lasering. If you're squeamish skip the next paragraph on how it's done.

Cataracts turn the lens in your eye cloudy, a bit like looking through dirty glasses, so the whole lens has to be removed. Imagine cutting a very small hole in a Smartie, using a tiny vacuum to suck out all the choc and then a little pea-shooter type of device to shoot a plastic lens in, which then unfolds and becomes your new eye. It takes about 20 minutes and doesn't hurt at all. Pure magic.

And not only does everything look sparkly and bright, but I can see better than I ever could with glasses or contacts.

Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm looking forward to getting out there with my camera and not having to keep fiddling with the dioptre. And, who knows, even being able to shoot on manual focus. :LOL:

It doesn't last forever though does it? don't you need to get it done again in a 'few' years?

i think it lasts a while my mum recently had a cateract done and they said it will last the rest of her life (shes 60) she keeps going on about all the colours lol - shes yet to have the other eye done and is considering having it set for long vision the oposite to the lens shes just had put in

It doesn't last forever though does it? don't you need to get it done again in a 'few' years?

Yep, it's plastic and doesn't change. Tbh, even if it needed doing every year, I'd still go for it!

Chloe: your mum's right. The colours are amazing, a bit like changing the WB on a camera. Good luck if she gets the other one done, it's well worth it, tho' I still keep trying to take off glasses I'm not wearing :bonk:

Ditto...

I look daft without glassed (and with for that matter) and im too much of a chicken to have it done.

Same here(y)

That is wonderful news Jeangenie, I am very happy for you (y)

Back