The most expensive lens cap goes to…me

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
I bought a B+W XS-Pro 77mm ND Vario Filter and received this in the post. The funny thing too is that I don't shoot Nikon.

1Rel8rD.png

kOxWKqn.jpg

WTF and LOL.

Last edited:
Depending on your honesty result!

Or bugger

This is what happened.

I came home for lunch, saw parcel, opened…

"Nikon lens cap" WTF? "I didn't order any lens caps….did I buy something when I was half asleep?

But I didn't have time so I went back to work.

I even went as far as do a search on "Nikon" in my inbox to see if I did buy something….then Yodel emailed me saying "packaged delivered"…..so I am thinking….it's not a prank by someone else, clearly if Yodel knows my email address, i must have bought it.

I went through my inbox to see what I am waiting for.

1 - B+W ND Filter from Amazon.com
2 - Crumpled back pack
3 - Coffee machine descaler

Then when I got home I looked at the package again, looked on the back to see that custom label…..it was supposed to be the ND filter.

This is what happened.

I came home for lunch, saw parcel, opened…

"Nikon lens cap" WTF? "I didn't order any lens caps….did I buy something when I was half asleep?

But I didn't have time so I went back to work.

I even went as far as do a search on "Nikon" in my inbox to see if I did buy something….then Yodel emailed me saying "packaged delivered"…..so I am thinking….it's not a prank by someone else, clearly if Yodel knows my email address, i must have bought it.

I went through my inbox to see what I am waiting for.

1 - B+W ND Filter from Amazon.com
2 - Crumpled back pack
3 - Coffee machine descaler

Then when I got home I looked at the package again, looked on the back to see that custom label…..it was supposed to be the ND filter.

Looks like the order picker messed up.....hopefully .com is as good as I have found .co.uk when it comes to correcting errors etc

Here's hoping they don't think you're pulling a fast one and send you you're ND filter.

You need very long exposure with such a strong ND filter! I don't know what they are thinking about at nikon?

Free replacement on the way, and I get to keep the lens cap.

At least they sent me a 72mm, something that I can use.
Apparently a Hagen Daz kid works as a 72mm lens cap... well just in case you need one!

That filter looks good. (y) Also, I was wondering if you'd received any factory recall notices for that Nikon lens cap yet? ;) Sorry, we mustn't tease the Nikon owners. :D

Last edited:
Back