The most expensive RC aircraft in the world

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
This is the future of aviation - thought I would share a few images of what the future holds for Airforces around the world
Reaper
327464910_pPsK5-L.jpg

X47B
332776397_6pyCn-L.jpg

X45
432830859_Ls5ry-L.jpg

X45B
432837809_wRG7F-L.jpg

Predator
apologies for not a great image but capturing images of these things flying is not so easy
50627844_krBLj-O.jpg

Luna - German Army UAV
304608738_vFX7m-L.jpg

I have some more but sadly my PC hard drive is playing up.. so cannot access the Thales watchkeeper and Herti variants

They make sense but totally useless for us at the Mach loop if the RAF decide to go that way:thumbsdown:

(Before I get gunned down in flames it was just a funny comment. Manned aircraft will be around for a few decades yet)

Last edited:
Great captures The All Look Fantatstic

Kirk

As these things become more and more autonomous do you think that the designers heed the predictions of sci fi writters?

As these things become more and more autonomous do you think that the designers heed the predictions of sci fi writters?

Thankfully there is still a 'man in the loop'.

...... for now!

Cheesy

Verrrry nice, #2 even has camera beanbags laid out for the togs to use - how thoughtful!

Arthur

Interesting shots, thanks for posting but oh, how I loathe UAV's!

What do you loathe about them Steven... if they can save 1 Life of the ground troops it will do for me

another amazing thing I saw at Nellis Airshow was a predator actually filmed the airshow from above and relayed the live pictures to giant screens all around the show - the camera's focus locked on to the displaying aircraft by Lazer beam and it was absolutly astonishing to see

say Hi to your dad from me
Chris

Nice set Chris (y)

People can knock the UAV's but if they were standing on a hill and one flew at them L/L they'd soon get all excited and hit their buffers :LOL:

Mark

Mark
I can fill the Buffer with a Tucano :D

and can you imagine 'M' posting an X47 going round Corris HA HA he has had just about everything else!!!!

People can knock the UAV's but if they were standing on a hill and one flew at them L/L they'd soon get all excited and hit their buffers :LOL:
Some people might, not all.
What do you loathe about them Steven... if they can save 1 Life of the ground troops it will do for me
Yes, they are the future of warfare and an essential part of protecting our troops and do that job exceptionally well. However there's a difference in respecting the technology behind something and actively liking it. As aircraft these are ugly and bland things which have none of the passion and interest I enjoy.

I loathe them because they are little more than sophisticated R/C aircraft (and much uglier than a good scale model at that) and there is no noise or excitement in them (none of the passion of warbirds, or the noise of jets etc). But I fully understand they are the future of modern aerial warfare and 100% respect what they do and the work they do, but that doesn't mean I have to like them, much like modern airliners, they all do a solid and important job, but they bore the hell out of me!

defo look like alien technology

Back