The most underrated camera I’ve used in a while

Edit My Images
Yes
I headed to NYC in January for a holiday and took my Leica equipment. However before I left, I randomly picked up an OM System Tough TG-7. It was on Amazon at a lower price and I thought “why not”.

Well I arrived and instantly caught COVID lol, spent four days in my hotel room, and then when I did finally get out of there, the weather was horrendous. A storm blew in and there was no way my Leica M was coming out in that weather. I don’t mind a bit of rain but this was torrential.

So I started to grab some shots with the TG-7. I was in NYC after all, and I just decided to play around with this “toy” camera, expecting nothing from it.

Firstly, I noticed how compact and lightweight it is. Fits easily in a pocket, even with the accessories I’d bought such as a filter mount for circular polarisers etc.

It’s very well built due to its water/drop resistance and it has features such as a built in flash, built in video LED which you can then fit diffuser attachments to.

The camera was perfect for the rough weather I was experiencing, and therefore very suitable for the current weather in the UK as well. Well I say current, but it feels like it hasn’t stopped raining for 9 months in Manchester, where I live.

Battery life is excellent if you turn it off between shooting as well.

Anyway, I’ll let the images do the talking. These are edited in Lightroom from RAW images shot on the TG-7. They won’t win any awards but I bet you hadn’t considered this camera because you thought it was only for scuba diving.

Attachments

• lifeinthefastwayne-32.jpeg
    lifeinthefastwayne-32.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 33
  • lifeinthefastwayne-33.jpeg
    lifeinthefastwayne-33.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 32
  • lifeinthefastwayne-37.jpeg
    lifeinthefastwayne-37.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 32
  • lifeinthefastwayne-39.jpeg
    lifeinthefastwayne-39.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 31
  • lifeinthefastwayne-25.jpeg
    lifeinthefastwayne-25.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 33
  • lifeinthefastwayne-19.jpeg
    lifeinthefastwayne-19.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 33
I have the TG-6 and it is an excellent & versatile carry everywhere & anytime camera. As you have illustrated :)

TFS

Back