The Mrs..

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this tonight, and had a play in Lightroom. Any thoughts?

IMG_0856_Adjust.jpg

First reaction was, she has a dado rail through her head :D Also, it seems a bit warm, WB off maybe?

Get her to smile next time (y)

...agree about the WB being off - this looks a great example to have a go at eye popping also. Think there is a tutorial around here somewhere.

Chris

You have the edit box ticked, so i hope you dont mind.....

IMG_0856_Adjust.jpg

Just auto white balance change. Only you wil be able to tell if thats a more accurate image. Other than that, i like the shot! ;)

Kev.

A good intensive image. I agree about the dado rail though, either clone it out or put her on another background, she's also got lovely eyes and a bit of selective saturation and sharpening might help.............it has to be said though that i'm not much good at portraits.

...agree about the WB being off - this looks a great example to have a go at eye popping also. Think there is a tutorial around here somewhere.

Chris

Intriguing.. eye popping? what's that then? :)

You have the edit box ticked, so i hope you dont mind.....

IMG_0856_Adjust.jpg

Just auto white balance change. Only you wil be able to tell if thats a more accurate image. Other than that, i like the shot! ;)

Kev.

That's much better! (y)

Did a search for eye popping, but I only get 3 results :shrug: One of them mentions sharpening of the pupils. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Just done a 2 min edit sharpened the eyes and added a quick pp to the skin and brightened the image up...see what u think...

IMG_0856_Adjust.jpg

That's brilliant! (I must say, she's not too impressed appearing on here in her dressing gown! LOL)

Is that done in PS?

yeah photoshop cs2 and a plugin for the skin realy simple...to get the eye sharp i used a selection around the eyes and used unsharp mask....

Which plug in? sorry for the interogation, all this facinates me!

Intriguing.. eye popping? what's that then? :)

I was just about to do what a later poster has done (probably far better than I would have done).

I also understand that saying eye popping to someone could have several meanings!

...I have to say though, I was right. The eyes do stand out more now!

Chris

I was just about to do what a later poster has done (probably far better than I would have done).

I also understand that saying eye popping to someone could have several meanings!

...I have to say though, I was right. The eyes do stand out more now!

Chris

100% better. Yeah, if you do a search on eye popping it opens up all sorts of possibilities.. Especially on Google! lol

Which plug in? sorry for the interogation, all this facinates me!

The plug in is called portraiture i have just done another quick edit and blurred the dado rail to give greater depth of field...and make your wife stand out more. and straightened the image...

IMG_Adjust.jpg

That looks brilliant! Your a genius!

The plug in is called portraiture i have just done another quick edit and blurred the dado rail to give greater depth of field...and make your wife stand out more. and straightened the image...

IMG_Adjust.jpg

Ok, I have approximately 3 gigs of pictures, where do I post them to?? :woot:

Really well done. I want to learn these techniques to the same level. Good work fella!

...you want to see what happens when you use the 'Remove Dressing Gown' CS3 Action. It is a pricy thing to buy but....:naughty:

Chris

LOL I just saw this!

did you do any editing around the cheek bones and under her eyes before posting? it looks blurry/soft to me

did you do any editing around the cheek bones and under her eyes before posting? it looks blurry/soft to me

Not the cheekbones. I tried smoothing around the eyes pre posting though

Last edited:
Back