The Needle

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
An image taken back in 2019 and processed last weekend. It was an incredible morning up here from sunrise onward, we had all the conditions you could ask for. It was just sublime...

The Needle by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Wonderful ;)

"Excellent" landscape style capture Martin, nuff said.

That's what makes our hobby worthwhile, - when a viewer simply states "wow, that's sublime".
Alongside that, how must you feel when you've been there, captured it, held the emotion and produced that image...?

Epic! The light is amazing on this one

The foreground is too dark, the subject is too far to the left. the wall detracts from the image.....

Nah. only kidding, it's a quite beautiful photograph. (y)

Last edited:
Wow! That is simply awesome work....
Thank you Bob

"Excellent" landscape style capture Martin, nuff said.
Thank you George

That's what makes our hobby worthwhile, - when a viewer simply states "wow, that's sublime".
Alongside that, how must you feel when you've been there, captured it, held the emotion and produced that image...?
Thank you Paul. It's a funny one, for I've been visiting Skye for 13 years, yet this was the first time I'd made myself go up and shoot this quite classic scene, walking along in the dark and drizzle before sunrise, it was one of those mornings that could have went either way. Half way up to this viewpoint though the sky started to turn and the anticipation that built as we got up was nothing compared to the conditions we got. Literally everything I could have hoped for and then some! One of those moments you spend with your mates that you'll never forget.
Epic! The light is amazing on this one
Thank you Marino

Thank you Chris

Just beautiful! The view, composition and light are what it's all about.
Thank you Mal

That is beautiful Martin.
Thank you Roger

Absolutely stunning! (y)
Thank you Kerry

The foreground is too dark, the subject is too far to the left. the wall detracts from the image.....

Nah. only kidding, it's a quite beautiful photograph. (y)
Thank you Martin

atmospheric shot well taken, id be over the moon with that shot , congrats
Thank you Dave

Stunning mate.
Thank you Wayne

Great light and the detail and colour processing is brilliant! Looks very Lord of the Rings!

Just sublime.

Great image..... Attention grabbing main subject then the adjacent features such as path and cliff face draw you in to the great light hitting the hill in the distance, but even that is helped by the fact that the path gets to the crest of the hill and then drops off suddenly, seemingly in the direction of the far hill. And if that wasn't enough, you've got the moody clouds to finish it off. That's the sort of image that can inspire someone to go on a long journey.

Back