The new, nationwide, travelling camera challenge

Just had a knock at the door and a box was hand delivered. My wife gave me that look and asked if I'd bought another camera. I said I hadn't and opened the box to be faced with a camera and I couldn't for the life of me think where it had come from.

I have now come to my senses and am pleased to announce that Loretta is now with me.

It didn't look like it had been wound on to frame 11, so I wound it on....to frame 12, so only one picture from me I'm afraid.

I'll try and take the shot in the next day or so and post it on to Raglansurf.

Just had a knock at the door and a box was hand delivered. My wife gave me that look and asked if I'd bought another camera. I said I hadn't and opened the box to be faced with a camera and I couldn't for the life of me think where it had come from.

I have now come to my senses and am pleased to announce that Loretta is now with me.

It didn't look like it had been wound on to frame 11, so I wound it on....to frame 12, so only one picture from me I'm afraid.

(y)

I skipped a frame too! First time i've used tri x and i was looking out for three warning dots which never appeared.

Hi folks

Sorry I've been AWOL for a while.

Many thanks to RaglanSurf for getting in touch to ask if I want Loretta back.

I'm very happy for her to continue until the current film is used.

Don't know if any pictures have been posted up, so I'll now scan the thread to see how she's been doing.

Apologies once again.

Can I ask a big favour please folks.

I've signed up for a bit of a challenge with the photography lecturers at the college where I work.

I could really do with Loretta back before the new year.

So, it would be great if things speed up so anyone left can have their go before Christmas.

Thanks a lot.

I've taken my shot and Loretta should be one her way to RaglanSurf hopefully this afternoon.

Last edited:
Can I ask a big favour please folks.

I've signed up for a bit of a challenge with the photography lecturers at the college where I work.

I could really do with Loretta back before the new year.

So, it would be great if things speed up so anyone left can have their go before Christmas.

Thanks a lot.

She'll be on her way to you asap.

I've taken my shot and Loretta should be one her way to RaglanSurf hopefully this afternoon.

(y)

She's now in the post to RaglanSurf.

I'll get the film that I took out of the camera developed and post the results up soon.

When I opened the back up the film was very loosely spooled on the take-up spool so I hope it hasn't fogged, we'll see.

Last edited:
She's now in the post to RaglanSurf.

I'll get the film that I took out of the camera developed and post the results up soon.

When I opened the back up the film was very loosely spooled on the take-up spool so I hope it hasn't fogged, we'll see.

Brilliant, I'll keep a look out for the postie (y)

Here are the results from the second roll of Loratta's travels. A somewhat mixed bag as you will see....

Frames 1 & 2 these are a partial double exposure

Frames 1 and 2
by wickerman6, on Flickr

Frame 3

Frame 3
by wickerman6, on Flickr

Frame 4 blank

Frame 5

Frame 5
by wickerman6, on Flickr

Frames 6, 7 & 8 were all blank

Frame 9 this suffered from the light leak due to the film being loose on the take-up spool

Frame 9
by wickerman6, on Flickr

Frames 10 & 11 were blank

Frame 12 this was my shot

Frame 12
by wickerman6, on Flickr

I really don't know why there should be so many blank shots.When the camera arrived with me the self timer had been cocked, have people been cocking the self timer lever rather than the shutter, who knows.

Last edited:
Frame 1 was me, I think 2 and 3 are Andysnap?

David thanks for this, Frame 9 is mine, the last remaining Victorian Post Box near me, the others were all pinched last winter, I didn't get the exposure right to catch the daffs though! Frame 8 was mine I think also the post box as I recall. Clearly something was amiss though!

Last edited:
Frame 2 is definitely mine, not sure about 3, it was a long time ago.....:LOL:

Looks like I Hooley'ed up the exposure on that one. :thumbsdown:

Frame 2 is definitely mine, not sure about 3, it was a long time ago.....:LOL:

Looks like I Hooley'ed up the exposure on that one. :thumbsdown:
Well and truly Hooley'd (y)

Loretta the Nettar has arrived at my house, she'll soon be on her way home.

...at least you didn't lose an entire roll to "stoopid developing technician" problems like Helga did :coat:

I'm feeling quite excited about seeing her again.

I shall contribute the first roll from her to this thread.

Thanks once again to Nick for tracking me down and tempting me back to the forum.

No.5 is me. Also 6, but I wound on too far so skipped it to prevent double exposure for whoever got 7.
Rather like no.3

With your permission Simon, I'll run a roll of film through it (there was one donated in the box (y)) before I send her on her way. Don't worry it won't take long :D

Loretta has arrived home, back from her travels.

She seems none the worse for the experience so thank you to everyone for looking after her.

I decided to buy her a couple of welcome home gifts - a Watameter rangefinder and a yellow filter.

Zeiss Ikon Nettar
by simon ess, on Flickr

I wondered what on earth this post was about, but going back to the first page, wow what a cool idea..(y)

They've turned out very well Nick.

Nick they are all corkers, i'd be happy to have number one hanging on my wall, lovely work and a fitting finale to Loretta's photographic sojourn!

Last edited:
These have come out really well Nick. I particularly like the first one, is this Waterloo Station?
Thanks David, it's the newly refurbished Kings Cross station.
What a great set of images.... the first one is really very good
#1 is a stunner there Nick! great set
Nick they are all corkers, i'd be happy to have number one hanginmg on my wall, lovely work and a fitting finale to Loretta's photographic sojourn!
They certainly have.

The first one is stunning.
They've turned out very well Nick.
Thanks all, I recommend getting yourselves a little MF format folder, proper old school photography, I'm going to dig out mine and give them a run through over Christmas.

Back