The New Old Film Challenge #15 - Ships and Boats - Discussion Thread

Edit My Images
No
The subject can be any real vessel varying in size from a coracle to an ocean liner. It should not be a model or a toy boat. The vessel can be on a canal, a river, a lake or in the sea.
The usual rules apply, must be an old shot, must have been shot on film and must have been shot by you, it will run for 7 days until next Monday 22nd, then voting for 3 days.

Discussions here please.

Good subject (y)

Last edited:
You know I really liked you.

I liked this subject, got several from disposable camera challenges

Then I saw yours

Now I don't like you anymore :punch:

:p
:banana:

I wonder what I've started. By winning the last challenge with a shot from a disposable camera, I seem to have opened the flood gates to more photos from disposables. I wonder if litter bins will soon be overflowing with Leicas and Nikons?

I wonder what I've started. By winning the last challenge with a shot from a disposable camera, I seem to have opened the flood gates to more photos from disposables. I wonder if litter bins will soon be overflowing with Leicas and Nikons?

A few of mine have come from disposables as proper film stuff has only been quite recent.

posted

Disinterred, entered!

I liked this subject, got several from disposable camera challenges

I was thinking, isn't it nearly time for another disposable challenge? Or, single-use film camera challenge, whatever? I've quite enjoyed them, and Nick's idiot title needs an update... :)

I was thinking, isn't it nearly time for another disposable challenge? Or, single-use film camera challenge, whatever? I've quite enjoyed them, and Nick's idiot title needs an update... :)

Yes, you are probably right actually. let m get the megameet best photo threads done and out of the way, then will get the disposable challenge launched, ready for late July or early august I reckon.

Meanwhile, someone mentioned York last week....

....ain't got one :( went to a wedding a few years ago and could have picked up loads from every table that were unused :rolleyes:

There must be some at the bootie from time to time, Brian, surely? Otherwise there are, you know, shops and stuff! :)

There must be some at the bootie from time to time, Brian, surely? Otherwise there are, you know, shops and stuff! :)

Well Chris my entry would be using OM2 I bought at the bootie that would only work with the base plate off and sliding a bar across after each shot........that's a disposable camera for me :D

Right over my head, too!

John is suggesting we didn't read the brief, vis-a-vis the "in water" aspect. I'm claiming that my boat was in the sea *metaphorically*. The water just wasn't present at the time.

John is suggesting we didn't read the brief, vis-a-vis the "in water" aspect. I'm claiming that my boat was in the sea *metaphorically*. The water just wasn't present at the time.

I understand your point. I just wanted to see a real boat or ship in its natural environment, which to my mind includes beached vessels. I didn't want to see anything floating in a bath tub or a dinghy on a trailer in someone's drive. All the entries so far look fine to me.

I still don't understand the purple moving icon thing and in truth I don't really care, as I can only communicate in English with written or spoken words.

... you're not so bad with pictures either Nick, else you wouldn't be setting this! :)

Without googling its origins I can only surmise that the purple scuttling thing is the emoticon equivalent of 'exit stage left' having said something slightly contentious albeit in a 'tongue in cheek' stylee:D

With all this conjecture I am now out of here.

wheres the roflcopter emotion

YV say's Nicks pic is too good, and I have to agree, so I was just pointing out that if she got a solicitor and went to small claims, I feel she could win at a tribunal based on the fact that it doesn't conform to the rules set by the op, she could move to have Nicks pic struck from the competition and claim all the jaffacakes for herself, plus compensation of course.
Nick could counter claim citing artistic licence as a qualifying factor but I feel he'd need to employ a brief specializing in competition boat photography which he may not be inclined to shell out for, bearing in mind YV would most likely have snaffled all the jaffacakes by then anyway.
In any case, YV may just decide the comp is just for fun, jaffacakes go straight in the hips and there will be plenty of opportunity for retribution at the next F&C meet.

hell hath no fury.....an all that

:)

wheres the roflcopter emotion

YV say's Nicks pic is too good, and I have to agree, so I was just pointing out that if she got a solicitor and went to small claims, I feel she could win at a tribunal based on the fact that it doesn't conform to the rules set by the op, she could move to have Nicks pic struck from the competition and claim all the jaffacakes for herself, plus compensation of course.
Nick could counter claim citing artistic licence as a qualifying factor but I feel he'd need to employ a brief specializing in competition boat photography which he may not be inclined to shell out for, bearing in mind YV would most likely have snaffled all the jaffacakes by then anyway.
In any case, YV may just decide the comp is just for fun, jaffacakes go straight in the hips and there will be plenty of opportunity for retribution at the next F&C meet.

hell hath no fury.....an all that

:)

:jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa:

:jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa:

I'm in :)

Oh... and...

roflcopter2.gif

Hi, I've closed the entries thread, and added a poll, so please vote for your favourites

Back