The new TVR Griffith at Castle Coombe

I didn't know they were still going, I thought it all died when the Russian guy owned it.

I always liked the look and the idea of a TVR and I test drove a number of them years ago but I never got on with the handling and much preferred my Lotus's and indeed MX5's.

Restarted about 5 years ago. Les Edgar bought the company, bought back all the spares and created a very good spares network, created a dealer/tech network of most of the independents and started designing the new car.
Gordon Murrey designed, with ground effect and aero hence flat underneath which is why it has the front wing side exiting exausts, Ford V8 engine with 550bhp tuned by Cosworth.
The wing mirrors alone generate 4kg of downforce at 180mph!

I worked in a place in Kidlington between '97 and '99 and the TVR engine testing place was behind that building. The sound of the engines was glorious, but the girls in finance would bitch and moan about the noise, trying to get the place shut down.

Hopefully this will sell them a few cars and mean the marque will continue. My personal experience of TVR's hasn't been great, but good luck to them :)

Sounds like a 72" Sportster through slash-cut pipes and looks like it was designed by someone photoshopping a selection of current sports cars. Give me an earlier, curvy model over the reborn version.

Sounds like a 72" Sportster through slash-cut pipes and looks like it was designed by someone photoshopping a selection of current sports cars. Give me an earlier, curvy model over the reborn version.

I like them both. The old ones are more beautiful, but the new one has definitely got ‘it’

I love the engine growl on that car - absolutely superb.

When i lived in Wallasey on the Wirral (or Cheshire as it was) in the 60's and 70's, there was a TVR showroom in St John's Road at the junction with the Wallasey Village road. I remember to this day that they had in stock the Vixen and I think the Tuscan.
What stood out for me was that one of the models had the MK1 Cortina rear lights and the other the MK2.
Courtesy of a certain street image the showroom is now an "imaging place" - still with the supporting column in place as it was in TVR days.
At least the shop that used to be barbers where I got my hair cut is still a hairdressers!!!. So some things don't change much.

£90,000k for an old mans car that has been described below as

Drivers willing to put their faith in the company and place an order for one of the Griffith Launch Edition models — which, contrary to reports, is not sold out — will have to be relaxed about practical issues such as the car’s fuel economy, CO2 emissions and how safe it will be in the event of an accident.

Drivers willing to put their faith in the company and place an order for one of the Griffith Launch Edition models — which, contrary to reports, is not sold out — will have to be relaxed about practical issues such as the car’s fuel economy, CO2 emissions and how safe it will be in the event of an accident.
Fairly sure they won't cost £90 million and you don't buy a car like that for practicality.

what a crock of crap looking at the specs on the TVR website its doesn even have a safety rating yet or co2 emmisions.
no doubt @nilagin will bore us about how inefficent the FORD engine is without a turbo fitted.

what a crock of crap looking at the specs on the TVR website its doesn even have a safety rating yet or co2 emmisions.
no doubt @nilagin will bore us about how inefficent the FORD engine is without a turbo fitted.
The car hasn't gone into full production yet so how can it achieve a safety rating?
When the car does receive It's emissions rating, at least it will have been achieved in real world testing unlike your car.

No doubt you will continue to bore us all with your total lack of knowledge regarding cars.

I used to park my Chimaera in a multi storey at work. It would set off approximately half the car alarms :)
That of course is part of the fun. I was banned from a multistory in town for just that as I went to the top to park in the largely unused floor.

It isn't in production yet, so hasn't been tested, however is built completely to modern standards using the same construction methods and materials used in the McLarens. The engine is essentially a stock Ford engine, breathed on by Cosworth that already passes current emission standards.

Fuel economy, yup, I doubt it'll be very fuel efficient, around 25-30mpg, but thats not what these are about. I can get mine down to 6mpg, but then I've also thrashed a prius around Castle Coombe and got the same... ;)
Actually my car is more fuel efficient at 80mph around Castle coombe than a Prius :D

It isn't in production yet, so hasn't been tested, however is built completely to modern standards using the same construction methods and materials used in the McLarens.

At the back of my mind I had an odd "fact" that the McLaren F1 is the deadliest car ever built - percentage of drivers killed in it. I went to Google to prove this before posting and found, nope, officially the deadliest car is the Kio Rio............... :)

At the back of my mind I had an odd "fact" that the McLaren F1 is the deadliest car ever built - percentage of drivers killed in it. I went to Google to prove this before posting and found, nope, officially the deadliest car is the Kio Rio............... :)

Is that the age of the drivers, dying of natural causes :D

Surprised it's not the Honda Jazz!

Back