The obligatory christmas robin more added! ahhhhh isnt he cute

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Really pleased with this one.. iv tried for 3 years to get a half decent robin shot and failed....probably due to a lack of patience and moving about to much.. well due to an injury im moving slower and im sure patience gets better with age... shot wide open at f2.8 nikon 300mm F2.8 VR Iso 400 centre weighted.
C & C Welcomed... Merry Christmas to all and thank you for all that have commented and helped in my improvement over the last year.
Andy
4201180878_e5d8c92861_o.jpg

4200902551_794fe5a2bd_o.jpg

Last edited:
Top notch. I really like the ankle bracelet.

Aaahhh, really nice shot! Lovely detail in the feathers, and nice exposure and composition. A slightly larger DOF could have been used to ensure everything was as tack sharp as the rest, but it does give it a sort of dreamy look. (y)

I don't mind it not all being sharp, the eye is sharp and thats whats important, we can all see it's a robin so we dont need it all, like the low POV, nicely done

Aaahhh, really nice shot! Lovely detail in the feathers, and nice exposure and composition. A slightly larger DOF could have been used to ensure everything was as tack sharp as the rest, but it does give it a sort of dreamy look. (y)

cheers chris im addicted to shooting this thing wide open at the mo but do agree it could of taken 5.6 to make it super sharp.... i do love the narrow dof though:D

I don't mind it not all being sharp, the eye is sharp and thats whats important, we can all see it's a robin so we dont need it all, like the low POV, nicely done

cheers wolves and welcome to talktog!

Two really good sharp shot there Andy of my fave bird, thanks :) My only crit is that #1 could just be lightened up a bit more and sharpened, hope you dont mind? And will remove if you wish.

r1-3.jpg

new robin added and the first one now looks muddy compared.. i seem to be getting different colour from lightroom and photoshop!

Two really good sharp shot there Andy of my fave bird, thanks :) My only crit is that #1 could just be lightened up a bit more and sharpened, hope you dont mind? And will remove if you wish.

r1-3.jpg

Dont mind at all sir... my original is much sharper it seems to be a problem i have with photoshop jpgs and flickr... the second image i saved direct from lightroom and its prsrved the lighting and sharpness
thanks for the comments. cheers Andy

Can you edit them in Flickr Andy? :shrug: I use photobucket and I know that after uploading I sometimes have to adjust some but not all of them to look better when linking them on TP.

Nice shots, but why shoot that wide, wasn't the light good enough to stop down a tad.
because the lens is a 2.8 lens and cost 3k more than the f4 version i replaced it with and right now its total novelty to get shots so sharp wide open its also good discipline too.. get it right at f2.8 and the world is your lobster!;)

Back