IMG_7185-01-web.jpg

IMG_7111-01-web.jpg

Heres a couple from me :D

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6446.jpg

here's a couple of my efforts

DuckFF3.jpg

*Waddle waddle*

I took this shot ages ago with my old Kodak thingummy. I didn't realise how bad the colour fringing was at the time!

I've not shot any ducks for a while, as I don't have a capable enough lens really atm.

Hi Si.

Not a criticism, but your shots look way over sharpened on my monitor.

May just be my monitor though.

I need to get it calibrated.

Hi, no worries, criticise away. The shots haven't been sharpened apart from what was done in-camera, however I've checked the settings and I shot these on a EOS 300D with the sharpness set to high. I use a 30D now and generally use the protrait pre-set which has a softer sharpness value or neutral/faithful pre-sets which have no sharpness at all. I doubt it's your monitor given my shot settings.

NotmyDuckling.jpg

Child Support Agency - my foot! That ugly duckling is NOT mine!

Drying off..

duck-splash.jpg

Well guys I have no duck shots, not even a plastic one :shrug: but some great shots here. PMSL at Marcels, brill! Baldyman's headshot is outstanding!

Never too late to post Jo ... 'cept in comps ... :D

Nice formation you captured there ... ;)

:p

Some duck shots by me!

#1 Anybody know what type of duck this is, I've only seen the one around. I think it might be a peking duck?
IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_8806.jpg

I don't have many duck photos of any worth but hopefully I'll get out as soon as I get my 350D and snap some up.
Here's a photo of a coot I took on my wee Olympus, all comments and advice is appreciated!

coot_proper_small.JPG

I haven't seen any ducks for a few days.....

img38161kw6.jpg

I don't have many duck photos of any worth but hopefully I'll get out as soon as I get my 350D and snap some up.
Here's a photo of a coot I took on my wee Olympus, all comments and advice is appreciated!

That is a pretty good picture of a Coot FC ... and a well caught pose complete with lovely reflection ... (y)

The composition needs a little attention though ... most shots like this look tons better with the space ... that you have plenty of ... placed in front of the subject ... sort of gives it some room to move or look into and adds interest ... :thinking:

The head also seems a little dark here ... maybe you could selectively lighten it in processing so the eye is a little more obvious ... again the eye normally being the focal point of this type of live subject shot ... :shrug:

Very good pic though ... well done even if it is not strictly a 'duck' ... :D

HTH ...

Thanks for the help V, I've still lots to learn about PP too but all advice is appreciated :)

Again, it's not a duck but here's one I took today of a nosy swan:
P1010011_edit2.jpg

Now that I do like FC ... (y) ... Swans are decidedly difficult to capture well as the white tends to be blown very easily ... ;) ... but you have captured the head and neck in a well exposed shot ... even if the back is blown it doesn't matter too much because the real subject is its head ... :D

I would try and lighten the area around the eye just a bit to bring out a little more detail but otherwise a fine job ... (y)

thanks, I'll admit, the colour wasn't as great in the original but tweaked by a very kind somone who's much better at duck shots than me :) *points elbow at moley*

142306371_0d4850a7b5.jpg

This one usually won on the Aahhh factor with the grandchildren in spite of its runny nose.

ok, heres my duck attempt. Taken when it wasn't quite so miserable here.

ducks1.jpg

duck5.jpg

ladyduck.jpg

There are some really lovely pictures here, nice one everybody.(y)

PML The Duck in the foreground did not want to miss out.

PML i really love this one, kept making Joe T show me this thread every time we were near his computer. I now have my own name to log in on. i wonder why ? :LOL: . . . . . . where's the picture gone?:help:

Back