The official, I'd rather not watch the roads be taken up by lycra wearing adults

I actually stopped to let a approaching cyclist pass today ,but I have to admit her top was very low cut :exit:

23rd September, we have a 100mile cycle event here in sussex with most of the roads closed for much of the day:mad:
Going to be fun if I want to go anywhere as I'm hemmed in, in allldirections ;)

https://www.velosouth.com/the-route/

I actually stopped to let a approaching cyclist pass today ,but I have to admit her top was very low cut :exit:

In my racing days, I didn't have to worry about that , as she was probably in front of me, and we could have a proper "conversation" after I had passed her, when we finished we could continue that conversation, whilst my mind was on the tea and cake.

Possibly not all of the above information is reliable:)

The first 3 week Grand Tour of the season. For some reason you chose the second.

Because I know nothing about cycling and couldn't really care.

You know its only on itv4 right (and eurosport I think)? That's a looooooot of other channels to play with.

I guess this will just turn into a massive cyclist rant thread.

So, the same amount of channels as the world Cup was on?

Didn't stop that getting its own non world Cup thread.

Even if you don't like cycling the tour is a brilliant spectator event, for instance all the crazy creations placed in the fields alongside the route.
Some fantastic scenery in the Alps and Pyrenees plus all the beautiful chateaus and cathedrals along the route.

Have to say I think its a great three weeks, was quite a hit here too and unlike so many of these events its free to watch

Even if you don't like cycling the tour is a brilliant spectator event, for instance all the crazy creations placed in the fields alongside the route.
Some fantastic scenery in the Alps and Pyrenees plus all the beautiful chateaus and cathedrals along the route.

Have to say I think its a great three weeks, was quite a hit here too and unlike so many of these events its free to watch

I think you have summed it up nicely.
I have always been into cycling from the mid seventies, but after visiting London to see the TdF prologue time trial many years ago with my wife, she has been with me a couple of times to see the Tour of Britain final stage and loves it.

Didn't stop that getting its own non world Cup thread.
And that was also started when the whole thing was underway too ;)

At least cycling doesn't get rammed down your throat at every opportunity, like football!
But of course this is OoF, a place to air your grievances, pet hates, likes, dislikes, etc.
It's as valid as any other thread / "pro" thread (y)

Fantastic scenery ruined by drugged up asthma sufferers (y)

I think you have summed it up nicely.
I have always been into cycling from the mid seventies, but after visiting London to see the TdF prologue time trial many years ago with my wife, she has been with me a couple of times to see the Tour of Britain final stage and loves it.
You are in the wrong thread :)

And that was also started when the whole thing was underway too ;)

At least cycling doesn't get rammed down your throat at every opportunity, like football!
But of course this is OoF, a place to air your grievances, pet hates, likes, dislikes, etc.
It's as valid as any other thread / "pro" thread (y)
Absolutely agree with you regarding the football
I gave up watching the telly while it was on and played Xbox and as you say the cycling isn't in your face constantly

The BEEB has been Wimbledon TV for the past couple of weeks too. Stick all sport on Pay To View and leave the free channels for interesting stuff! :p

The BEEB has been Wimbledon TV for the past couple of weeks too. Stick all sport on Pay To View and leave the free channels for interesting stuff! :p

What free channels? You either pay for a tv license for some of them,or you are the commodity being sold to advertisers for the rest ;)

True but you know what I meant! :p

why not replace "don't care" with "just not their thing" sounds much better

Back