the official rabbit thread

rabbit.jpg

My offering

Lovely one Sawman(y) , looks like my Basil!!! very sweet, MK is over run with rabbits so i'll be out and about over the next week or so trying to get some new pics. xxx:D

Here's a couple of many wild rabbits I see round my neck of the woods, not easy getting close to them tho!

157522401_0012d0c1b6_o.jpg

157522400_79987056be_o.jpg

Here's a couple of many wild rabbits I see round my neck of the woods, not easy getting close to them tho!

157522401_0012d0c1b6_o.jpg

157522400_79987056be_o.jpg

really lovely, especially like no2, light on ears is gorgeous, they are difficult to get near to, so well done for those!:clap:

I can get up real close to the ones around my way, and they don't run off.

This might help though....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can get up real close to the ones around my way, and they don't run off.

This might help though....

::

i really didn't find that funny!

snares are the most evil and cruel thing to use, I would not condone their use in any way or form.

i really didn't find that funny!

snares are the most evil and cruel thing to use, I would not condone their use in any way or form.

Neither do I, hence the :eek: 's at the end of the message....

pleased to hear!:) please remove the link, i would really appreciate it,

Thanks(y)

pleased to hear!:) please remove the link, i would really appreciate it,

Thanks(y)

Just gone to remove it, but have been beaten to it...

That's two of my posts removed this week... do I fear a ban coming on?! :help:

Just gone to remove it, but have been beaten to it...

That's two of my posts removed this week... do I fear a ban coming on?! :help:

just behave yourself!!! :nono: ( if you can) tee hee :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , i feel you have an evil sense of humour, us sensitive ones are far too easily upset:crying: :D

Ok, I'll behave :bonk:

No offence intended... I'll be more sensitive to you fluffy bunny wabbit types in future :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ok, I'll behave :bonk:

No offence intended... I'll be more sensitive to you fluffy bunny wabbit types in future :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

THANKYOU!!!!! :love: i can't help it!! :wacky:

basil_010csml.jpg

I came down stairs this morning to find this one bathing in the sunlight, just had to get the camera out!!!

Lovely one Sawman(y) , looks like my Basil!!! very sweet, MK is over run with rabbits so i'll be out and about over the next week or so trying to get some new pics. xxx:D

So, if I see a woman running around camera in hand intimidating our poor local bunny population I will know who it is! :LOL:
There is a very large Roundabout by B&Q that gets absolutley stuffed with rabbits a little later on in the year (another month or so) just before dusk is the best time. How the hell they never get squished I shall never know. that is a hell of a fast bit of road

Chris

So, if I see a woman running around camera in hand intimidating our poor local bunny population I will know who it is! :LOL:
There is a very large Roundabout by B&Q that gets absolutley stuffed with rabbits a little later on in the year (another month or so) just before dusk is the best time. How the hell they never get squished I shall never know. that is a hell of a fast bit of road

Chris

It's amazing that they congregate on roundabouts in MK, so funny!!! let me know when there are lots of little ones and i'll be there:LOL: (y)

Baby Bunny having a wash :)

bunny.jpg

Thanks everyone! I really hoped i would find some good pictures on this thread, and I have not been let down, and MrGubby!!!! wow!!! that one is amazing!!!! :clap: :clap: :love:

. . . . . . any more out there???? :D

HACKER: please see previous posts to get the gist of this thread , and please remove your post, thanks.(y) :)

Cheers Hacker, much appreciated,:) ;) (y)

you have a wicked sense of humour!!!! :shake: puppy lovers all over the world are now seeking you out!!! :D

Some great photos here as I'm a great rabbit lover.

I have quite a few of ours but only that have previously been taken on compact digital, I'm hoping to capture some better images now with a decent camera.
One of ours has quite a lot of white fur which never photographs well, it sort of 'glares' with the light any tips for combatting this?

Some great photos here as I'm a great rabbit lover.

I have quite a few of ours but only that have previously been taken on compact digital, I'm hoping to capture some better images now with a decent camera.
One of ours has quite a lot of white fur which never photographs well, it sort of 'glares' with the light any tips for combatting this?

Hello!, thanks for your post, I'm not sure what to suggest really as i'm still a beginner myself, probably keeping the light as low as poss to avoid blown highlights, and just experiment, at least with digital you can see immediately what you've taken and adjust the settings, i'm looking forward to seeing the little one soon!!! L(y)

Until I get some new pics of our current rabbits, here is one of our deceased ones (and NO he isn't in a pie! ;) )
This is Vinegar, and was a bit special to us as we took him in from somebody, who never looked after him, at about 4yrs old. He was in a really terrible state, undernourished and with mites. The vet didn't hold out much hope for him but after several visits to the vets, we got him around and gave Vinegar another three good years of life. :)

chilledvin.jpg

As you can see he was a bit laid back but also a bumbler, great to photograph.

Until I get some new pics of our current rabbits, here is one of our deceased ones (and NO he isn't in a pie! ;) )
This is Vinegar, and was a bit special to us as we took him in from somebody, who never looked after him, at about 4yrs old. He was in a really terrible state, undernourished and with mites. The vet didn't hold out much hope for him but after several visits to the vets, we got him around and gave Vinegar another three good years of life. :)

As you can see he was a bit laid back but also a bumbler, great to photograph.

He's gorgeous, and such a lovely picture, all my bunnies are rescued from other horrors, poor things. I'm so pleased vinegar enjoyed his latter years, Dillon, my first bunny used to snore in my arms, it was so funny!!! :love:

Though I would resurrect this thread :D (i likes the banter :D )
4711511450_c7c389af50_z.jpg

I am wanting to get some better shots of some of my local rabbit's, but there so skittish :D
Should I just stalk, much much slower, or just sit down, down wind, slightly hidden, of where they munch the grass, and just wait until they come back out?

Back