The old Samyang

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
I was talking to a friend about the merits of the samyang 85 f1.4 manual focus lens - had a look at some of my older images with it and came across this. This the first time I'd properly used the samyang with my (at that time) newly acquired D800

For anybody thinking about a cheap f1.4 85 mm lens, its a very viable cheap purchase!

Samyang Throwback by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

I've had one already and it was indeed quite nice when it comes to sharpness, didn't get along well with the lack of AF though

Yeah - that was ultimately what led me to sell mine........as the sigma 85 f1.4 was available at a good price.

That said i kept the samyang for a good while!

And it's a great lens. ;) But it does require slowing down and working carefully - grabs shots aren't happening at all with this, especially with the focus ring so heavily damped. I quite understand why an AF lens would make life easier.

What a strange thing to call her...

Funky background, Shaheed! Takes me back to Saturday Night Fever :)
Looks like a decent lens from the result.

What a strange thing to call her...

Funky background, Shaheed! Takes me back to Saturday Night Fever :)
Looks like a decent lens from the result.
Well you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thank you,I was just getting used to using the d800- 2012!!!

very nice image Shaheed and that lens certainly works, I have a Samyang 8mm fisheye lens, I may just be tempted by the 85, f1.4 looking at that image

splendid work

Les

I'm still falling in love with my 12mm f/2 I got a few days back.

How on EARTH can they make such a good lens for under £210?!

They're a fantastic optic wide open for portrait work where you have time to mess around. I only sold mine because chasing kids with one was near impossible.

Back