The one that got away!!

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Went up to Newcastle airport tonight with my flatmate to see what its like at night (dark!)

just as we got to our viewing spot (a field with a perfect view of the runway) a plane was on finals.

It was very dark, so all we knew is that it was a prop. so we thought it would be a fly-be or Eastern airways.

It flew over and pulled up. the lights from the runway lights revealed to us a Hercules :love::love:

This is all i managed to get of it. kicking myself for not taking it a second earlier! :bang:

4078728659_8c04244850.jpg

Link to large: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2638/4078728659_8c04244850_b.jpg

What a shame. That's typical for me.

You could say.......C 1 30 secs too late

I'll get my coat.

:coat:

That would have been an awsome shot..............I am gutted for you

So near and yet so far. What a pic that would have made - hard lines.

do you find you get any problems with security etc going to take pics of the planes? i fancy a trip up myself but don't really want to get pounced on with all the post 9/11 stuff about security.

do you find you get any problems with security etc going to take pics of the planes? i fancy a trip up myself but don't really want to get pounced on with all the post 9/11 stuff about security.

i have never had a problem at Newcastle airport :)

even when we were walking around right by the perimeter fence!

i just make sure i dont point my canon at the control tower (see what i did there?)

Anna, i WISH it was as easy as going up another week. that was a rarity to see at Newcastle.

More likely to catch the AWAC doing circuits :)

i have never had a problem at Newcastle airport :)

even when we were walking around right by the perimeter fence!

i just make sure i dont point my canon at the control tower (see what i did there?)

Anna, i WISH it was as easy as going up another week. that was a rarity to see at Newcastle.

More likely to catch the AWAC doing circuits :)

thanks.....looking at google maps, i'm thinking the end of the runway that's opposite from the terminal/metro would be best. Although as I don't drive i'd be taking the metro up and then walking around :p

i love the C130 :D

we get alot of newcastle traffic over the North East Aircraft Museum, hopefully we get some good ones tonight for the night photoshoot to give you guys who are attending some good shots as they do come in quite low sometimes

Back