The Open 2006

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Today is the official start of the Open. I've been out trying to pap any celebs but I can't see them. Its damn annoying when I hear people like Harrison Ford, George Clooney, Madonna and Johnny Depp are casually walking around 10 mins from where I live. I don't intend on sitting on a bench all day hoping someone goes past. I went to a practice day instead, 33c and £25 to get in. I just about got a shot of Tiger Woods.

open2006-CRW_1020-003.jpg

Tiger and his crowd.

open2006-CRW_1031-004.jpg

open2006-CRW_1042-005.jpg

Comedy timing

CA0M2D0RKaOFQEdzSUQh75ZpUdiJc6pe0300.jpg

Nick Faldo shoots

open2006-CRW_1138-014.jpg

Girl vacuums the course

open2006-CRW_1169-022.jpg

Obvious photo op.

open2006-CRW_1247-026.jpg

Close up on Faldo

open2006-CRW_1259-027.jpg

It was a very hot day.

open2006-CRW_1263-001.jpg

Pros at work

open2006-CRW_1292-029.jpg

Bunker shot

Very nice. Way to sieze opportunity when it lands next door. ;)

NIce shots mate....

I must say, Faldo's lookin bloody old isnt he?
Love the photo opportunity and the 'very hot day', and the nicely wide pros at work :D

very nice Pete, looks like Faldo is either saying Faldo, or maybe another word beginning with F
wide angle shots are very cool, and the girl hoovering, thats just wierd!

last one could be from a mag

matty said:
very nice Pete, looks like Faldo is either saying Faldo, or maybe another word beginning with F
wide angle shots are very cool, and the girl hoovering, thats just wierd!

Dedication for ya ;)

dod said:
last one could be from a mag

It was a shot I really wanted to get. If I were to be critical it kinda looks like a guy in a whole blowing up a golf ball, since you can't see the club.

Forbiddenbiker said:
Super shots Pete, very funny the photo one. lol. I like the last too, but the hot day one is tops in my book, nice swirling shapes and that. (y)

I'd spent the day doing what I felt were kinda dull shots. Close ups on golfers, lots of people swinging clubs and things. So I cranked out the 10-20 and tried to get a few other shots. I'm really happy with how it came out.

Nice shots, but there's some real weirdness going on with some of the high contrast edges - particularly on the cap in the last one.

Marrs otherwise ace shots!

Hoodi said:
Nice shots, but there's some real weirdness going on with some of the high contrast edges - particularly on the cap in the last one.

Marrs otherwise ace shots!

Yeah I have no idea whats going on with that. I'm still getting my head around Aperture. I didn't notice it till I uploaded it here though, which is odd.

Back