The other half at 23+1 weeks.....

Edit My Images
Yes
I wanted to take some maternity shot of my other half who is currently pregnant with our first child :) I would like peoples views on the photo below, don't be shy to offer C&C as its the only way I/we learn! This is the first time I've tried something like this and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Thanks

Amber maternity Shoot by shellz090, on Flickr

Personally I'd hold off doing bump shots until she has a (bigger) bump...

Nicely excecuted for your first go though.

I think it's a good first attempt, and I like the lighting, but agree with Adam about waiting for a bigger bump.

Personally I'd hold off doing bump shots until she has a (bigger) bump...

Nicely excecuted for your first go though.

Thanks for replying! Sorry I forgot to add in my post that this was a sort of "practise" I plan to do this again when she's around 30ish + weeks, I just wanted to see if I was on the right path haha!

I think it's a good first attempt, and I like the lighting, but agree with Adam about waiting for a bigger bump.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Hi ya.
Don't know if this helps, but this is a setup/pullbackView attachment 36982 I used for this type of photo... It took a bit of crit, both positive and negative, but it was more or less on the right track. Hope this helps for your next attempt. It's really about the placement of your light (s) and a bit of feathering.

I disagree. Take lots. It's a good record to show the development through out pregnancy. I left it until 40+6 before i did one and kinda wish I'd done lots through out.

Congratulations btw. It's totally awesome dude.

Thanks! I plan on taking many :)

Hi ya.
Don't know if this helps, but this is a setup/pullbackView attachment 36982 I used for this type of photo... It took a bit of crit, both positive and negative, but it was more or less on the right track. Hope this helps for your next attempt. It's really about the placement of your light (s) and a bit of feathering.

Thanks for that really helpful! It was done in my dining room which is a bit tight for space at the best of times. Id like to have used a strip box but Ive only got a 95cm octa with grid and a 60cm softbox, I guess I have to move the light further round next time?

This is something I wish we'd documented through my wife's pregnancy, I think it looks great and will work even better when the bumps bigger.

Oh and congratulations :)

Id like to have used a strip box but Ive only got a 95cm octa with grid and a 60cm softbox, I guess I have to move the light further round next time?

No reason why you can't mask the octobox to make it into a 95x30 strip box.

Fab job for me.
Most would be well happy with the outcome you got here :)
I sure would.

Gaz

This is something I wish we'd documented through my wife's pregnancy, I think it looks great and will work even better when the bumps bigger.

Oh and congratulations :)

Thanks for commenting :)

No reason why you can't mask the octobox to make it into a 95x30 strip box.

Yer I suppose I hadn't thought of that!

Fab job for me.
Most would be well happy with the outcome you got here :)
I sure would.

Gaz

Thanks very much :)

A great first shot, nothing to crit from me. I'm doing the same myself though my other half is only 13 weeks. I have a plan to put together a compilation at 10/20/30 weeks.

A great first shot, nothing to crit from me. I'm doing the same myself though my other half is only 13 weeks. I have a plan to put together a compilation at 10/20/30 weeks.
Yer I wish I had got a few at the start but never mind! Thanks for commenting :)

Back