The park in winter

Name
Eric Li
Edit My Images
Yes
2_82290_6257bc7e00789bf.jpg

Absolutely beautiful shot Eric, spot on. The processing is fantastic, the composition is perfect (imho). I'd put this on my wall, I really would.

(y)

nice mono.

personaly, i'd remove the bit of dirty sky in the top rhs but thats just me. I'd be pleased if this was mine though.

Damned near perfect imo. If you had to change something I'd agree with Gandhi about the patch of grey top right, it looks posterised. I'm not sure the image would be improved with a pure white sky though. Cloning out the right hand person under the tree (assuming it is a person) so that there's only one person in shot would add to the feeling of isolation but that's not really neccessary. I too would be happy to have the image as is framed on my wall.

That patch of 'dirty sky' looks more like 'tree' to me !

nice pic (y)

I'm not a great fan of mono but this really works! (y)

Thank you all guys!

To Steep, yes very good comment! I should work on it a little bit. I think I shot not just this one for waiting the moment: only one person ;-). Let me find that photo.

You're welcome Eric - cos it is one heck of an image... fantastic!

Hi Eric,

This is a really great shot! You have a nice wide tonal range and the grain really suits this shot. Fantastic :clap:. Well done! One question - what was your ISO?

One suggestion: Try using a red filter for black and white. It enhances the image greatly; especially the sky...

Regards,
Melody :)

Hi Eric,

This is a really great shot! You have a nice wide tonal range and the grain really suits this shot. Fantastic :clap:. Well done! One question - what was your ISO?

One suggestion: Try using a red filter for black and white. It enhances the image greatly; especially the sky...

Regards,
Melody :)

Thanks Melody!!!

ISO = 100 and I would try to use red filter next time. This is the one converted from color photos.

A red filter would only work on B&W film though, not digital.

Back