The Pipes - Ellesmere Port

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This looks like something from a modern version of the 7th Circle of Hell, it certainly smelled grim as we floated by. It's part of a huge chemical and/or oil processing plant at Ellesmere Port.

I would welcome any critique and comments.

The Pipes by Chris, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Chris

If you think it's bad now you should have smelt it 40 odd years ago; if you drove past on the main road and the wind was blowing in your direction the sulphurous smell nearly took your nose hairs out, or it seemed like that when I was a kid in the back of the family car on the way to Wales (the M56 stopped at about Frodsham in those days!)!

I like the photo by the way, it's one of those where the more you look, the more you can see, but the more lost in it all you get!

Last edited:
Thanks Mr Badger,

It was fascinating to see the place, with so much intricate pipework in a seemingly endless array. I expect emissions regulations have made them clean their act up over the years, but I would still not want to be living downwind of the place.

If anyone is interested this image is part of a series of a trip along the Manchester Ship Canal from Birkenhead to Salford Quays - an excellent day out. More pictures at:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjCeqGv8

Chris

Back