The posing Branch, but where?

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Same branch, two different birds, but where do you reckon they were shot? Clue: not outside for a start, and also at quite short focal lengths, 56 and 70mm respectively, with perhaps 8-10% excess background cropped off - in other words, very tame ;)

robin
3536464656_9ca172c64f_o.jpg

fledgling blackbird
3535649707_ab3f856970_o.jpg

Couldn't tell you, but they both look great. You sure they're not stuffed? :D

Must be inside a bird house then :LOL: Lovely shots Yvonne :clap::clap:

Lovely shots Yvonne (y)

The Eden project?

:clap:

According to one guide, "we have this amazing structure and amazing plants and the most photographed thing in here is that bloody robin" :LOL:

The robin, the pair of blackbirds and their young brood and a male chaffinch really would take food out of your hands, so used to humans were they and of course with no natural predators inside the mediterranean biome, they really did have it made. There was usually a member of staff nearby to make sure no one was feeding them anything too bad.

cracking pictures, too! :clap:

It is a super place, birds aside, just the range of habitats on display, both inside the biomes and in the outdoor 'bowl' on the terraces are incredible. Mind you, I recommend a t-shirt under any other layers for the rainforest biome, its very humid and hot in there ;)

Yes it would be the range of habitats I'd love to see.

When I lived in London, Kew gardens was one of my favourite haunts.

Still would be good mind, to get such good bird shots :)

Last edited:
Superb shots..............:clap::clap:

Yes it would be the range of habitats I'd love to see.

When I lived in London, Kew gardens was one of my favourite haunts.

Still would be good mind, to get such good bird shots :)

ridiculously, I live in London, I pass by Kew at least twice a week on way to daughters karate training in Kingston and I have never been! Will definately have to put that right very soon!

thanks crusher (y)

ridiculously, I live in London, I pass by Kew at least twice a week on way to daughters karate training in Kingston and I have never been! Will definately have to put that right very soon!

thanks crusher (y)

I haven't been to Kew since I was a kid, do I sense a meet coming on? :naughty:

Practically my back garden and I've not managed to go in this year yet :shake: great shots and they weren't that tame in December.

Back