The Potter's Bench

Name
Jenna
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at the Middleport Pottery Heritage Open Weekend.

Taken with a Sony a200 and Minolta 50mm 1.7 RS.

Critique welcome, except on the watermark, which is there because I was photographing the tour and the photographs are online.

Please click on the image to see on a black background, as it always looks better!

The Potters Bench by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

I like it ! exposure is good, lovely light, nice colours, interesting photo :)

I think it would look better with the shadows lifted so the pots beneath the bench can be seen. Had a quick play hope you do not mind. Will delete if requested. I like the shot though.

aaaa.jpg

Excellent. The chair has that 3D POP! effect to it, Really jumps out at you.

Excellent. The chair has that 3D POP! effect to it, Really jumps out at you.

Cheers, honestly this Minolta lens is fantastic, gives everything such wonderful depth!

Prefer the original version, looks as it should with light flooding the top and the shadows underneath.

hi Jenna

blue rag...yellow bottle...not good friends here in the mellow tones of the shot

cheers
geoff

I like and would be tempted to be somewhere between the original and the edit and would probably;y only lift the shadows under the bench.

The fact that everyone has a slightly different opinion shows what a good shot it is. I'd lift the shadows very slightly and desaturate the blue and yellow a tiny bit but I rather like the splash of colour. It shows that it's a working pottery, not just a museum piece.

...but what I'd like to see included to make this really special is the potter, in the same light.

Back