Critique The Pump House

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

On SaturdayI went to exploring with the other half and found that an old pump house was accessible. The building contained tanks of various chemicals including Chlorine; I'm not sure exactly what went on there but I would assume some sort of water treatment. Yesterday I returned to take some photographs. I'm fairly inexperienced at this sort of thing so would appreciate critique where possible. I've used off camera flash (to my left) and tried to balance the ambient light with the foreground flash. I've opted for a widish aperture to allow plenty of flash in while at the same a quick enough shutter speed to allow the ambient light in but not burn out all of the highlights. I realise the highlights in the roof are totally burned out but it was artistic intent to a degree as the light from the sky was blinding!

I'd opted for a low point of view because I wanted to draw out the pipe work which is also the reason that I went for the 10mm focal length to really accentuate the length of the pipe and to draw the viewer through the image. Anyway, here is the photo:

Pump House
by James, on Flickr

Any critique is greatly appreciated,
James

So I'm not the only crazy shooter!
Great dramatic light and cool rendition.

Back