SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a series of blogs summarising my photography in these amazing mountains back in October 2019.

http://www.sftphotography.co.uk/landscape-photography-pyrenees-october-2019-part-1/

http://www.sftphotography.co.uk/landscape-photography-pyrenees-october-2019-part-2/

http://www.sftphotography.co.uk/landscape-photography-the-pyrenees-october-2019-part-3/

http://www.sftphotography.co.uk/landscape-photography-pyrenees-october-2019-part-4/

Maybe I am old fashioned but I still prefer written communication I can read as opposed to watch. Whilst I appreciate vlogging is probably the modern way of doing things - I prefer writing.

Let me know, good or bad, what you think about the content, presentation and pictures

Steve - nice blog, good pictures. Please take this the right way (trying to be constructive). It's a bit TLDR - a shorter text would get more readers, and a drop in the number of pictures, quite a few of which are similar to each other, would draw people in more. What comes over really well is the enthusiasm for place, and the sense of a beautiful area (especially some of the snowy pictures!). It's very much a road/driving based tour of the central Pyrenees and could be clearly badged as such. For those of us who (when younger) could carry a tent and food, the Pyrenees offer many wild, high camping places with amazing views. And just an editorial suggestion - I'd start with a very strong picture (to draw 'em in) and end with a very strong one (to leave 'em wanting more). Hope this helps.

Imagine seeing you here! How you doing buddy?

Great to see you on here mate.

Long time to see anywhere. Life's good - well actually not so good but think everyone is in the same boat.

Get posting on the landscapes section - this place could do with some of your incredible pictures.

Steve - nice blog, good pictures. Please take this the right way (trying to be constructive). It's a bit TLDR - a shorter text would get more readers, and a drop in the number of pictures, quite a few of which are similar to each other, would draw people in more. What comes over really well is the enthusiasm for place, and the sense of a beautiful area (especially some of the snowy pictures!). It's very much a road/driving based tour of the central Pyrenees and could be clearly badged as such. For those of us who (when younger) could carry a tent and food, the Pyrenees offer many wild, high camping places with amazing views. And just an editorial suggestion - I'd start with a very strong picture (to draw 'em in) and end with a very strong one (to leave 'em wanting more). Hope this helps.

It does help - and oddly makes it easier for next year.

Me- not a wild camper - will treck but driving is a key part of how I get about although as my fitness improves I do go further. For me though - the best pleasures are not from the lung busting trecks though :D

Hi mate

I'm off to the pyrenees again this afternoon.... Whats the name of that location that's about 4k walk to the location from the end of the road? The road just stops.... I can't remember what it's called buddy...

Are you there now?

Cirque de Gavarnie by any chance?
I motorbiked from Lourdes to the Med near Perpignon over a couple of days in the mid-90s and saw a lot of places I would like to revisit now with better camera gear.
The great thing about this area is far less people everywhere than in the Alps and it's cheaper to stay.

Last edited:
Cirque de Gavarnie by any chance?
I motorbiked from Lourdes to the Med near Perpignon over a couple of days in the mid-90s and saw a lot of places I would like to revisit now with better camera gear.
The great thing about this area is far less people everywhere than in the Alps and it's cheaper to stay.

It's my favourite area in the entire of Europe for photography - I rate it far higher than Scotland for drama, atmosphere and interest. It's dirt cheap - particularly on the Spanish side with decent hotels coming in at 35euro a night. It's much less spoilt than the Alps where a lot of great mountains and views have been desecrated by Skiing infrastructure.

Reactions: 4wd
Hi mate

I'm off to the pyrenees again this afternoon.... Whats the name of that location that's about 4k walk to the location from the end of the road? The road just stops.... I can't remember what it's called buddy...

Are you there now?

No - I am not there now but plan to be in October - depends on FCO advice on whether we can actually travel to France. Right now France is on the safe list but won't be for long I fear and my Pyrenean 2020 dream in tatters.

Sounds like Gavarnie tbh - road stops at the village and you walk the rest. It's a bit like that the Pyrenees - you have to walk quite a way for a lot of shots. It's not like Scotland where some of the best shots you can take are under a minute from the car. Still - as it's usually nice and warm a hike isn't a chore like it is here.

You might experience some difficutly getting into Spain from France - and that's a shame as the Anisclo, Ordesa and Pineta area's are a landscapers wet dream

Make sure you do the GR10 section from Lac Bious de Artigues upto the Refuge Ayous. Some amazing lakes there.

Back