The Queen Mary 2 - This evening.

Edit My Images
No
In port at Liverpool this evening. She is HUGE !

688410698_doPFz-O.jpg

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Image Date: 2009:10:20 21:09:17
Focal Length: 17.0mm
Exposure Time: 15.000 s
Aperture: f/14.0
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

Last edited:
We walked the entire length. I should have timed it :)

What a beautiful looking ship unlike the floating hotels you see on the med that look top heavy.
I like your picture by the way, any more? (y)

:eek: ...that's one big dinghy... :shrug:

Great image though... (y) ... would have liked the front end too but guess you gotta go with the opportunities... :cautious: ...nicely done night shot... ;)

:p

Fine pic of a fine ship. One of the few nowadays with classic lines.

Thank you all for your kind comments :)

I do have a shot or two from the Bow however there is an awful wire mesh fence in the bottom of the image and also some plain waste ground in front. I had to get the camera as high as I could and as the 400D has no live view, I had to guess on composition.

The images aren't brilliant but I'll put one up later this evening when I get a chance.

As for the fireworks, I work within the Albert dock areas in a network analyst department and from the top of the building we had a rather exclusive view :)

Hehe,, I'm afraid not.. unless you want to explain yourself to security :D

Hehe,, I'm afraid not.. unless you want to explain yourself to security :D

So you couldn't swing a visitors pass...we need a new network in work ....:notworthy:

It was worth a try :(

Hehe, sorry.. ;)

Thanks to Neil as well :)

A beautiful shot! Well caught :)

Cheers :)

Here's two more. They're not as good as the first although the one from the Bow isn't so bad. Just that darn wire mesh fence and the bland foreground spoil it.

688410669_B5xYq-O.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

688410631_TZGUv-O.jpg

Last edited:
saw her in the Clyde the other day.

Think that 1st & last are my 2 favourites from these :)

Great shots Ian, particularly #2! If I'd known it would be in Liverpool I would have scheduled a trip!

Thanks again guys :)

I like these.
I was stood on the other side of the Mersey, got a couple with the fireworks above her.

Back