The Queen's park suspension bridge

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
4087147796_d5a0d4e303_o.jpg

This is the Queen's park suspension bridge which spans the river dee in chester. I quite liked the smoke from a recent fireworks display being caught in the flood lights.

Comments please

Thats not a bad shot matey..

Have you tried it in a sepia tone it has that feel to it imho.

md

Lovely capture DF, albeit a pity to lose the top of the bridge in the foreground. V-nice regardless of that though! (y)

The top of the bridge was a non starter really as the mass of branches from the tree overhead really killed it. I only had a 70-200 with me at the time but WILL be going back with my 24-70.

MD, the original image was almost sepia due to the harsh lighting conditions, I decided it looked too drab to had a play to bring the colours out.

Thanks for the comments (y)

This is a great shot I would love to take a shot like this one. Agree the smoke adds to the mood of the photo. :clap:

The top of the bridge was a non starter really as the mass of branches from the tree overhead really killed it. I only had a 70-200 with me at the time but WILL be going back with my 24-70.

Understandable (y)

On your return wi the shorter lens, don't forget to take a set of super-stelth tree loppers to clear the overhead branches lol :p

Looking forward to a nice foggy morning with this location :)

tree loppers, i think i'd still need a ladder too :eek:

You have done a good job on the bridge. I know the bridge very well and the lighting is a compete nightmare.

Indeed it is Dom, I quite like the lighting on this one. It has a king of a "bridge too far" feel to it :D

Back