The Real Beauty Project - **NSFW**

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
Thanks to Marcel, I have been given the ok to post in here rather than Nudes and Glamour :)

As some of you are aware, I am currently working on The Real Beauty Project. This is something I have thought about for some time, and I am now ready to embark on this (hopefully) painless journey :D

All my life, I've seen airbrushed figures in magazines, we have had it drilled into us that big is not beautiful, and god forbid you should have an hourglass figure and stretchmarks. Because we all know that REAL beauty is skinny, tanned, silicone implanted models right? Wrong.

What I hope to achieve with this project, is to hopefully open your eyes to my interpretation of real beauty. Just because I am a size 14 with a big bum, and small boobs, does that mean I cannot be beautiful? I will hopefully get the ball rolling in a couple of days, and I hope to post an image every few days or so, until I feel you have been brainwashed thoroughly ;)

I must also point out, I am not asking for C+C on these images, as this is not about the processing, but the subject. I hope some of you know me well enough to know that I am a good person, and a few dimples and stretchmarks doesnt matter anymore :)

Please feel free to comment in the meantime, Id love to hear your opinions on this, and fire away with the questions, nothing makes me blush :D

Last edited:
I'll be the first (probably of a long line) to say well done, and I wish you all the best with it.
As I said before, I hate that skinny, airbrushed, surgically inflated, overmade up, processed, tarty slapper look.
Give me stretch marks, a few wobbles, real curves, untrimmed eyebrows and stray hair anyday!
(Infact I think I have most of those myself :p)

Seriously, I wish you all the best with it. A very very worth project IMO.
We could do with getting through to half of the under 25 female population and making THEM see, what REAL beauty is. Not this crap you see splashed all over the tabloids, x-factor, and in Hello and OK.

Fan-bloody-tastic idea!

Bring out the real people and burn the barbie's.
I take it this means that there will be no post processing of skin etc?

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

From a bloke that only looks like brad pitt if your drunk.. and blindfolded.. with the lights out.. in a seperate room... and even then only if squint.

And if these end up being self portraits then all kudos to you for being so brave.

Good luck!

Thanks Marcel, hope I dont let you down now :D

And photonumpty, guess I should have mentioned that they will all be self portraits using my trusty remote release! That'll be a project all on its own :D

Good on you. Sounds like a very worthwhile project. (y)

you my friend are very brave!

Well done you Betty! a worthwhile project. (y)

If you lived nearer I'd get you to photograph me, my fella thinks I'm beautiful all over and next to me you are positively skinny! :LOL:

Dee,

I reiterate what I've already said on your Facebook profile! (y)

Good luck :)

ps. Gok sends his regards! ;)

What a great Idea, and top marks for deciding to step up to the mark and use yourself as the subject.

I wish you all the best and will look forward to seeing this project take shape! (y)

Thanks for the support so far everyone!

If you lived nearer I'd get you to photograph me, my fella thinks I'm beautiful all over and next to me you are positively skinny! :LOL:

Your fella is spot on. And it doesnt matter if I look skinny next to you, we are both gorgeous, REAL women! Celebrate those curves madam!!!! :D

well done Betty for having the B**ls to do it good luck with your project (y)

If she does have those then it'll be an interesting project to say the least :LOL:

Good luck with it, Dee, it's a laudable (and brave) thing to do. I'm always amazed that all these skinny models are considered "perfect" - to me they all look as if they need a good meal inside them :shake: :shrug:

Good on 'ya - a very worthwhile project to undertake imho. All the best, I hope it goes really well. :clap:

Dee already knows my thoughts on this as I have already mentioned my thoughts to her little while ago in a PM. I echo what everyone here says, which is that I am sure this will be a hugely successful project, and with it will come recognition for a very good photographer.

Good luck Dee, I am sure you will post some great images, and I can see this thread soon overtaking Marcels '365...' as the thread with most views and replies:)

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone, and thank you John, your support means a great deal :)

Well done Betty
Glad to see you taking a stand
I cannot bear these over processed glossy ladies, bring on the natural woman in all her beautifull glory(y)

Good luck Dee, I am sure you will post some great images, and I can see this thread soon overtaking Marcels '365...' as the thread with most views and replies:)

Oooh fight fight fight! :D

:thinking: Oh no! What if Marcel starts stripping off to compete with Dee?! :eek:

:exit:

I didn't quite understand until I read it properly and realised that you're going to be the model. Thats gotta take some guts, which I'm hoping isn't on your list of photos :) I always tell people I take photos of that I do not believe in modern fashion techniques. I may remove a spot or two if its really does ruin the photo, or some random hairs but I'm not going to smooth skin or remodel the model. My personal believe is that the simple classic red channel high contrast b&w does everything perfectly. For women it removes detail in their faces, which you could argue is similar to skin smoothing. I wouldn't say its the same as its just altering the way light works. IMHO all I need is a willing model, some nice light and perhaps a make up artist on the day to spot things I miss because I'm concentrating too hard on the shot. That'll do the job.

Good luck on this Dee :)

Well done on a great and brave decision :)

I know you have the right idea - remember when the Dove adverts first started using 'real' women instead of plastic ones? I wondered at the time if they had made the right decision but they did of course - the adverts were hugely popular.

Looking forward to it, I love curves :D

I've now reached the age where I realise that there are masses of beautiful women out there....but it's impossible to tell who they are just by looking.

Good luck Dee, I know that I couldn't do it.

Bob

Good luck with this.

Can't wait to see the shots!!

Phew, well Ive just done my first shoot. Nothing NSFW just yet, its just easing me into the project :)

Pics to follow later tonight :)

Quicker than I thought... right then, first pics :)

Underneath It All

Lyrics taken from the song "Underneath It All" by one of my fave bands No Doubt, I think fits the theme quite well tonight :)

You're really lovely
Underneath it all
You want to love me
Underneath it all
I'm really lovely
Underneath it all

If I wear so much makeup, it feels like a mask. A heavy, uncomfortable mask. I never wear this amount when I go out, but some girls do. They feel that they have to hide behind their masks....

rbp1.jpg

As I write this, I still have my makeup on, and its hurting. I am struggling to type through watery eyes. If I am perfectly honest, I only wear the bare minimum of make up when I hit the town, and I dont wear anything during a normal day.

This is me. This is the real me...

rbp2.jpg

I am really lovely, underneath it all ;)

Great start. Looks to be the begining of an inspirational and thought provoking thread Betty.

Keep it up

S

Great shots !!

And Yes... Lovely, underneath it all.

Well done.

Dont know if this is allowed, but WOW... your eyes in the 2nd photo are great, all the OTT colour in the first really detracts from the gorgeous eyes... I think that might be the point of the thread, but im too tried to understand much. :)

Back