The Real Beauty Project Revived – Group Therapy **NSFW**

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
Further to my Real Beauty Project, which was started nearly a year ago, I would like to start a similar project… RBP Group Therapy :)

I have had many messages from forum members, saying what a worthwhile project it was, and how refreshing it was to see a normal, healthy woman, that is proud of her curves and bumps and wobbly bits. And to have images to go with it? Well that was a bonus :D If that’s what it takes to even make one person think twice about their body image, then its all been worthwhile :)

I would now however, like to open the floor for other TP members, male and female, to consider joining in. Please have a read back over the original thread, and think about how you really feel about your body image. Talk us through your insecurities, and when you’re ready, post a picture of yourself. It doesn’t have to be arty, it doesn’t have to be full frontal or anything like that. Just be as inventive or as simple as you like, and show us all that you’ve thought twice about hating your big bum, or wobbly belly, and even grown to tolerate it. Loving yourself takes time, so don’t force it :)

Here are some of the original images...

rbp1.jpg

rbp2.jpg

rbp3.jpg

rbp4.jpg

rbp5.jpg

rbp6.jpg

hiya...yay the first to post!!
i read most of your other thread (actually read the first few bits then just flicked thru for the pics)

its a great idea, and my faves are the tape measure one and the breast cancer sticker one.

but i do have to say....the last pic should be taken with the full heels on show (not sunken into the cushion) its only coz i LOVE shoes, and i thought u should have shown them off....heels r dead sexy, and that looks like a fine pair u have there!!

ive just had a baby (8 weeks old now) so my body is totally ruined after 2 babies!! im still coming to terms with my body being covered in stretch marks, but my OH says he doesnt mind them....he says they tell a story. so once i get the courage, i just might join you.....problem is, my photography is crap! :LOL:

but i do have to say....the last pic should be taken with the full heels on show (not sunken into the cushion) its only coz i LOVE shoes, and i thought u should have shown them off....heels r dead sexy, and that looks like a fine pair u have there!!

ive just had a baby (8 weeks old now) so my body is totally ruined after 2 babies!! im still coming to terms with my body being covered in stretch marks, but my OH says he doesnt mind them....he says they tell a story. so once i get the courage, i just might join you.....problem is, my photography is crap! :LOL:

Its not about the heels BM :LOL:

As for some pics of you, your skill level doesnt matter, its just about you feeling confident about yourself :):)

Tracey, don't say your body is ruined because you've had two babies! You are still you, and I'm sure your other half still sees you as just as sexy as you were before.

This is a great thread, and I intend to join in and post a picture or two in the next few days. I'm trying to get some girlfriends to join in too - no luck on that front yet though. Also need to talk my hubby into taking the pictures - I'm nearly there, after convincing him that I'm not going to be plastering my private wobbly bits all over the internet - just something nice and tasteful, like Dee has done (although the photography won't be as good!). Looking forward to seeing this thread develop.

Well done Dee!!!

Doh! I posted in the other thread. I'll repeat my post here :LOL:

Just spotted this too, and I commend you. I'm trying to work on an article myself for my "work in progress blog" which is going to revolve around womens magazines/weight/etc. I have a thought I'd like to add, and not sure how many of you knew this.

Get this: you know those pictures of fantastic looking men in the front of men's health/body magazines with the fantastically ribbed bodies and almost bone hugging skin? To achieve that look they dehydrate themselves for something like 72 hours before the photo shoot. Very healthy eh!

Betty, I'm 100% behind you, and I commend your bravery. You've got yourself a fan

Yay! Thanks karmagarda, keep us posted with your blog :)

subscribing

you've made leaps and bounds in your pp Betty, mind if i use your vital stats for my lottery numbers ;)

Hey All! :wave:
Totally support this cause and really like the concept behind the body image.

Have spoken to Betty (Dee) and she has given me permission to post this link that I was sent a few days ago to a current no10 petition to add the subject of body image/self esteem to the PHSE curriculum.

I am not asking you to sign up or to analyse - I just thought it tied it to this project quite nicely at grass roots level. Just thought some of you may be interested!

M

I have just come across this and wasn't around when the first project was started. It's absolutely fabulous and "beautiful" - well done!! :clap:

We all know how society pushes us to be. This has become even more obvious to me since being diagnosed with a chronic disease for which I have to take so so many meds including cortisone (not the best for one's figure). I am a little heavier than I used to be/"should" be and it used to bother the hell out of me, almost eat me up (I used to be pretty sporty and active)... then, one day, suddenly I couldn't breathe and realised that being slightly overweight from cortisone that I'm going to have to take, probably for the rest of my life, is so insignificant compared to being able to breathe. Since then, I have learnt to accept the new me and IF I had the self-portrait skills (which I really don't), would happily contribute here.

I am now shocked that, at almost every evening out I attend, the girls sit around discussing diets ALL evening... I can't join in.

Fabulous idea and project (y)

Glad you like it Kathermans, hope you'll follow this one, and maybe join in? :)

Ok, here's my first contribution (gonna double post it for C&C too though, cause it's my first self portrait).

Plus size crip, self concious about my tummy mostly, but love my boobs. LOL

I will, at some point, do some of me in one of my wheels of steel though...but this is my first one ;) No editing at all and my normal every day makeup, no studio make up.

DSC01536.jpg

Ok, here's my first contribution (gonna double post it for C&C too though, cause it's my first self portrait).

Bloody well done! And if I may say so, what a fricking gorgeous pic! You're scrummy madam!!!! :D

Seriously, well done on posting, god knows why you havent done a self portrait before :clap::clap:

Wow mm you really are a minx :love: between you and betty this is turning into a very attractive thread !! I applaud you both :clap: :clap: :clap: nice to see naturally beautiful women for a change.

Ooooh, interested parties! Lets hope that ball is getting faster :D

Betty, you're bad ;)

Wow, gorgeous picture MagicMynx!!! I think most people find natural looks like yours, infinitely more attractive than the plastic looking, artificially inflated, fake tanned Barbie dolls which are everywhere, and which most young girls seem to aspire to! Fortunately, there are far more of us real women around, so let's hope we can redress the balance. I'm looking forward to both following this thread and contributing myself.

Thank you.

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics too.

I've thought for a long time that magazine images were too edited and models were too skinny - even to the point that a plus size model is usually a size 12!! I'm a size 20-22 and IMO 20-22 is plus size, size 12 isn't - especially when the average size is a size 16!

Wow, gorgeous picture MagicMynx!!! I think most people find natural looks like yours, infinitely more attractive than the plastic looking, artificially inflated, fake tanned Barbie dolls which are everywhere, and which most young girls seem to aspire to! Fortunately, there are far more of us real women around, so let's hope we can redress the balance. I'm looking forward to both following this thread and contributing myself.

There are a lot of men that think that way too, Mrs C (y)

Well done girls (y)

I actually looked into becoming a plus size model earlier, I dont think I make all the criteria, but Id love to do it :)

There are a lot of men that think that way too, Mrs C (y)

Well done girls (y)

That's why I said "people", as I think the sentiment is shared by men and women alike - well real men and women that is.

I'm also looking forward to seeing some pics of real men as well as real women.

Beauty is not a a 6' size 6 model airbrushed, I love natural beauty best.

Bravo Betty and the Mynx.........stunning shots

Yay! Thanks karmagarda, keep us posted with your blog :)

Here's the initial article I was working on.

The modern 'size matters'

More to come. Now I'm thinking of writing more dealing with something closer to your project here (along the lines of real beauty), but also on photo editing and how the photographers/editors/models really achieve the look in magazine pictures.

If I do I'll have to mention you as my inspiration! I'll keep you posted.

Here's the initial article I was working on.

The modern 'size matters'

More to come. Now I'm thinking of writing more dealing with something closer to your project here (along the lines of real beauty), but also on photo editing and how the photographers/editors/models really achieve the look in magazine pictures.

If I do I'll have to mention you as my inspiration! I'll keep you posted.

You've just seen that Ralph Lauren thread haven't you... :naughty:

:LOL:

:p

Back