The Red Arrows. Not as you may know them.

Edit My Images
Yes
A few from Bournemouth Airport where they have been based this weekend.
C&C welcome.

3689765048_0dac3baa9b_o.jpg

3688958433_121187bec7_o.jpg

3688957693_b33bd97774_o.jpg

3688957517_7230a9ffe9_o.jpg

3689762370_c0b0eee93b_o.jpg

3688956605_50e044ea91_o.jpg

Now some in the air.

3689759602_f2a5376d94_o.jpg

3689760242_f01c3e2697_o.jpg

3688954279_5d4153e7e8_o.jpg

3689761018_7f0d30e7af_o.jpg

Thats all for now. Hope you liked the different slant on them.

What a refreshing change to see a common subject with a different slant !!!
Fantastic pics ...pin sharp....very well done :clap:

Nice shots. I've seen them flying around and doing random breaks etc all weekend, great set :)

Excellent. That is all. :)

These are really good! Well done!
Ohhhh Yes !! Now these are the business ! . Love the detail and unusual insight . Thanks for sharing . And Well done that man.
Great set of images, love the DoF on the first one :)
What a refreshing change to see a common subject with a different slant !!!
Fantastic pics ...pin sharp....very well done :clap:
Nice shots. I've seen them flying around and doing random breaks etc all weekend, great set :)
Thank you for you comments. The Red Arrows base themselves at Bournemouth 3 or 4 times over weekends whilst they do 'local' shows. They have been here twice in the last month & will be back for the Bournemouth Air Festival in late August. They probably will be back for a weekend before as well.

good stuff nice to see a different perspective of them (y)
Excellent. That is all. :)
Excellent shots, totally different from the norm. Much more personal.
very very good , nice to see a different view of the red arrows
Excellent set :clap::clap:
Fantastic set of images .... like the unusual view point, really sharp with a great DOF
Excellent set of shots - really interesting take (y)
Brilliant nice to see them at diff angles and so sharp (y)
10/10 TT
Very good, love the angles
some very good stuff there the mechanic writing the certificate out is def a diffrent angle but really like that one
The first six shots are really very good from a different perspective, you've captured the mood before a display brilliantly.
Tim
Fantastic pic's (y) I have to ask how did you get so close?? are you invisable :LOL:

Thanks all, I really appreciate your comments. I wanted to post something a little different about the Red Arrows, & TBH I had a lot more photos of different takes I wanted to post, but it had to be narrowed down to 10. Probably for the better:). I can't speak for other airports but you can take Photos of the Red Arrows at each end of the runway (on the public road). It is just a matter of getting into the best position. Once they arrive at Bournemouth they always do a mini display then land one by one. After that they park up at Flight Refueling, I believe they now go under the name of Cobham. There is a lane that goes near the planes & the pilots & support team always come over with leaflets & talk.

Best aircraft shots I've seen in a long time, just because they are different and well captured, well done :clap:

I'll have to get my contact @ Cobham to blag a family day pass for this year when they're all dispersed @ Hurn or at least call in a favour! Would you know if they use Bouremouth Flying Club's facilities at all as that is real easy to access. FRA/Cobham always play host to the arrows

Superb images BTW. Could hook up if interested.

Last edited:
Great set, I think I like #5 as my favourite as the heat haze adds to it

Nice set Redspider, they buzzed us down at Baiter this morning just after they had taken, they came across Canford Cliffs just getting into formation then turned across Brownsea Island and then headed back inland over Baiter.

I went out to Hurn earlier in the year when I knew they were there but could not get close to them, I will have to look for this lane you mention, is that coming in via the Matcham end of Hurn??

Tim

brilliant shot of the arrows, I saw them for the first time this year and they are really amazing!

Excellent and interesting set :clap:
Thank you.
Some nice story telling shots amongst those, I like this set.
Thanks very much.
Best aircraft shots I've seen in a long time, just because they are different and well captured, well done :clap:
Thanks
Totally agree.
They really are incredible :clap::clap::clap:
Thank you
I'll have to get my contact @ Cobham to blag a family day pass for this year when they're all dispersed @ Hurn or at least call in a favour! Would you know if they use Bouremouth Flying Club's facilities at all as that is real easy to access. FRA/Cobham always play host to the arrows
Superb images BTW. Could hook up if interested.
I've never seen tham at Bournemouth Flying Club, thats not to say they don't use it of course. Bournemouth Flying club has been refurbished & is now nice & clean & brighter with good food, & a great place to take photos of Aircraft from. If you can get in Cobham & IF you can get a spare pass think of me:D . What is this name change from FRA to Cobham. The hanger has Cobham on now & also some of the Falcons as per photo below.
3667007825_4a91228e53_o.jpg

Great set, I think I like #5 as my favourite as the heat haze adds to it
Thank you.

Nice set Redspider, they buzzed us down at Baiter this morning just after they had taken, they came across Canford Cliffs just getting into formation then turned across Brownsea Island and then headed back inland over Baiter.

I went out to Hurn earlier in the year when I knew they were there but could not get close to them, I will have to look for this lane you mention, is that coming in via the Matcham end of Hurn??
Tim
A couple of times they flew over our house, thats when thy turn to the IOW way. When they flew out on Sunday, in the Afternoon they must have gone the Baiter way. The lane is off Matchams lane.
brilliant shot of the arrows, I saw them for the first time this year and they are really amazing!
The Red Arrows are great. Thanks.
Interesting set of shots.
Thank you
Good set, I like the behind the scenes stuff :)
Thanks.
I also think it is nice to see some of the background staff etc. I also know they shop at Asda. My Mrs bumped into one there.:D

Back