The Red City

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
As I was taking this one a guy came out of the door nearby and said, "That must be about the 50 millionth photo of that postbox!" ... so there you are ... a photo of 'That' Postbox ... probably not as good as the other 49,999,999 :)

'That' Postbox by photogramps, on Flickr

and a door that may never have been photographed before :shrug: ...

The Red Door by photogramps, on Flickr

Both taken on the D800 with 24mm f1.4

#2 is great. I would maybe have messed with the DOF a little though to try and get the second door knocker in focus. The red on the door really stands out, I like it. :)

#2 is great. I would maybe have messed with the DOF a little though to try and get the second door knocker in focus. The red on the door really stands out, I like it. :)

Thanks, maybe I'll give that a try next time (y)

Is it Bath

It's in Clifton, Bristol, #1 was in Royal York Crescent and #2 was in The Paragon.

Nice pair of images Gramps- If I may be so bold- I would have preferred to see the whole base of the Post Box, but hey that's just me :D

Les (y)

Nice pair of images Gramps- If I may be so bold- I would have preferred to see the whole base of the Post Box, but hey that's just me :D

Les (y)

You're right Les, it's what comes of fiddling with distortion from insufficient care with the 24mm - I had it on the monopod and should have switched to portrait - however here's another with the base (just!) ... and a little bit more - however it brings the box a little too near the centre :)

'That' Postbox - Take 2 by photogramps, on Flickr

Postbox is excellent, lots of texture and vivid colour. Now the door hmmm sure I've seen it somewhere before :)

Steve

Back