The Reds and blue skies.

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Met up with Kevblizzard and his dad Dave and took Rick from here to Scampton. Whilst other place were flooded we had lovely weather. Bit windy but had a great time. Some good banter too. I hope you enjoy them. They are practising up to 6 times a day now.

Kev.

DSC_3660b.jpg

DSC_3643b.jpg

DSC_3649b.jpg

DSC_3659b.jpg

DSC_3688b.jpg

DSC_3750b.jpg

I'm not a plane lover, but shot No 2 is just awesome!! The positioning of the three planes and the smoke plumes + blue sky behind them makes it a 10 out of 10 classic shot. That shot alone is my TP Photo Of The Day . . . get that one framed and hung on a wall with no hesitation whatsoever!

Stunning set as per your usual, any idea which plane the new lady is flying (I know ...long shot)

Love #2, I do not normally comment in this neck of the woods but this shot caught my eye...............ouch!

very nice :clap: , one comment , is the white balance not off slightly in a couple of them , i see cream not white in the stripes :)

Stunning set as per your usual, any idea which plane the new lady is flying (I know ...long shot)

I do believe that she flies to the left of Red 1 Pete. She is so enjoying here new job. In fact they are a lively bunch at the moment. Having some really good banter between themselves.
You must join me one Friday!
Many thanks for the kind words everyone.

Kev.

very nice :clap: , one comment , is the white balance not off slightly in a couple of them , i see cream not white in the stripes :)

I can in the shadows, but would expect that to be honest. But then again I am only using a laptop. Maybe someone with a calibrated screen could advise? :shrug:

Kev.

I would love to come over as Scampton is only half an hr away on a good day, but I could never get there before 3.30 so they are probably packing it in by then.
If she is the left plane, she looks very tidy in your shots well caught Kev

wb is fine Kev its only the ones with shadows that turn creamy and it looks like dark reflections from the ground mate

WOW what an amazing set of shots. I think the yellow twinge are only in the shadows and not anything i would try and correct. #2 is one that should find its way to the printer. What lens set up are you using for these images.

Stew

EDIT: 500mm checked the data.

Last edited:
as usuall a great set of shots kev and thanks for the great company throughout the day

WOW what an amazing set of shots. I think the yellow twinge are only in the shadows and not anything i would try and correct. #2 is one that should find its way to the printer. What lens set up are you using for these images.

Stew

EDIT: 500mm checked the data.

Hi Stew. I used the 300mm 2.8 with a 1.7 converter on the D3 mainly. Some are the 70-200mm with the 1.4 converter on the D300. ;)

Kev.

D3s :eek:
Don't even go there Kev or I will hate you for ever ;)
Nice shots by the way. I like the shot of the back seater using a camera.

Allan

PS: good glass is always best first Kev.

Thanks Allan.
I love my 300mm. ;) The 200-400mm may be coming home... :D

Kev.

Fantastic set. Sorry but cant think of anything else to say about them.... ok - REALLY fantastic shots !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kev - wonderful shots. I see you were at 500mm - was this your 300/2.8 with a 1.7TC? Pardon me for asking. merv(y)

Thanks Kev. I have the greatest admiration for the quality of your pics. Hope I can achieve such quality with my kit when I get the 2.8. merv(y)

(y)Fantastic set of shots,if I had to pick one it has to be No.2

Can't beat the Reds and some blue skies!

Nice photos

Colin

I love #4, really made me chuckle! i remember my instructors wagging their finger at me from both the right hand and rear seats !

I love #4, really made me chuckle! i remember my instructors wagging their finger at me from both the right hand and rear seats !

:LOL::LOL: I checked that out on the original file and it looks like he's holding a video camera.

Kev.

Back