The Reds

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Still playing with some Red Arrows shots......any good, anything constructive appreciated(y)

DSC_0380.jpg

Im not 100% on this one.

I think it would look much better if you had caught the colour on all the hawks, not just the one on the right!

The colour in the smoke it great though :)

Too much dead space around the aircraft for my tastes, but you got the exposure correct.. nothing worse than seeing pics of the arrows badly exposed then the saturation and shadow highlight tool gone mad ruining the whole picture

must say I dont understand Viper saying
think it would look much better if you had caught the colour on all the hawks, not just the one on the right

am I missing some basic point??
cheers Chris

Too much dead space around the aircraft for my tastes, but you got the exposure correct.. nothing worse than seeing pics of the arrows badly exposed then the saturation and shadow highlight tool gone mad ruining the whole picture

think it would look much better if you had caught the colour on all the hawks, not just the one on the right

cheers Chris

I was thinking the same Chris and as for dead space I was going to crop some more but thought it may alter the perspective too much....will have a play after work

Pete

Think about the cropping of the image, also, think more about post processing to really enhance the shot (levels, noise ninja, curves, saturation/hue etc). The sky looks a little flat in your shot. A couple I took from Biggin Hill, not the best I know, as like your shot, the light conditions were against us, so not the best conditions to get the money shot, but have a play with your images and see what you get.

IMG_5683copy1.jpg

IMG_5680copy1.jpg

Peter

cheers Chris
I assume he was talking about the fact that the Hawk on the right is bright red whereas the other 3 are a faded red due to the angle of the aircraft.

Not a bad shot at all but I agree with Peter, a little tweek in PP might improve it. I like the 2nd shot Peter posted very much. Great timing to get the 4 Hawks equally spaced looking like they're all about to fly in to the same spot. (y)

Thanks Pete and Rob will have a play around with the raw and see what comes out
And thanks Viper for being honest I do prefer the truth and as to why its not quite right as it gives me some idea what to try to get from it

As Rob said, that is what i was referring to.

Peter, i just wish i was able to suggest how to improve it :(

Maybe a fraction of a second faster would have got it and got all aircraft closer and made it a cracker like Pete Rush's so its a timing thing I think and could do with a tweak of contrast but its a shot for the album and try better next year for another like Pete Rush (cheers Pete will try to get in a position to get the same next year):clap:

I think you were right in your first post Tom looking at the others posted here it does lack the contrast and colour so some pp definately needed.
Thanks for the honest crit it is needed mate(y)

Pete

Back