The Repair Shop

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
No
It's my birthday today and for once it's coincided with sometime off! Whilst my wife and son collect some stuff from town I'm thoroughly enjoying just pottering around and tinkering. The other day I saw this case on eBay. It's an original Asahi Takumar case for the 35mm f/3.5 and I think that's the only one of 7 Takumar I own that didn't come with a case. It looked shabby and was indeed described as shabby but it was £5.99 instead of £20-30 and being as I didn't really need it as I'm using the lenses rather than collecting, I thought 6 quid my be worth a quick punt. Below is what turned up and today I'm going to restore it (I hope).. My kitchen now feels much like the Repair Shop from the current TV series. Let's see if I'm able to match their repair skills! :oops: :$

CASE-1-2.jpg

CASE-2.jpg

CASE-3.jpg

Happy birthday Dunc! Good luck with the restoration.

Happy Birthday Duncan - good luck with it. :)

HB try back to black spray or duct tape if that fails

OK, this is what you need. Any bikers worth their salt will know the product to the left! We use it to keep our leathers supple and waterproof. Nothing better!! Millennials may struggle with the product on the right but when you grow some and get ya butts in the army for a while you'll quickly find out! :ROFLMAO:

stuff.jpg

Last edited:
Cracking job Dunc.

Reckon the Renapur will make my leathers supple enough to get into again after 11 years of not riding?

They were loose then, now they are very tight :)

Nothing better!! Millennials may struggle with the product on the right but when you grow some and get ya butts in the army for a while you'll quickly find out
don't think they polish their boots these days unless in No 2 dress

Late to the party as usual. Happy birthday 35M. That case has come up a treat.

Back