The Restoration Project

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Picked it up today, A friends son has bought it to restore, he's 15 but mad on cars; so at least hopefully
it'll keep him off street corners. To be honest, it isnt in as bad a nick as i thought it was going to be...

Looks like i'll have to dust off me spray guns though .................. It has been a while

4373185284_38537513f5_o.jpg

4373185376_5c59af4b67_o.jpg

4373185496_041caa933c_o.jpg

4372433569_1e73684837_o.jpg

Make a nice story this! Take some shots of the restoration as it progresses and post them on this thread! I for one would be interested!

As someone whos restored a couple of minis I can pretty much guarantee it will be a total headache! Judging by the rust that can be seen in these pictures (in all the problem areas) it will be a mess beneath the skin.... hope he's got way more money than he thinks he needs and a massive spool of welding wire!

Sorry to be so pessimistic.

Ah a fellow sprayer by the sound of it??!!!!

Caught my attention as I've only just got back into waving the gun around after 16 years, thought I'd forgotten, but it all came flooding back!!!

This is what i've been working on for the last few months
DSC_2382.jpg

1950 Chevy 3100 pickup :D

You can't beat a good old mini to pull apart!!

Minis ROCK! (y)

And so does that Chevy! :love:

I tried to find an old stepside last year as a project, couldn't find one anywhere for a decent price, so ended up falling back on a 1963 109 Landrover (again) Which hopefully will be finished this year.

Back to the Chevy, now where's that drooling smiley :thinking:

Minis ROCK! (y)

And so does that Chevy! :love:

I tried to find an old stepside last year as a project, couldn't find one anywhere for a decent price, so ended up falling back on a 1963 109 Landrover (again) Which hopefully will be finished this year.

Back to the Chevy, now where's that drooling smiley :thinking:

LOL, yeah but you may not have loved it so much a few months back, unless of course you like tinworm!!!!!

it's very hard to find one these days, unless you've got a big wallet

Ah a fellow sprayer by the sound of it??!!!!

Caught my attention as I've only just got back into waving the gun around after 16 years, thought I'd forgotten, but it all came flooding back!!!

This is what i've been working on for the last few months
DSC_2382.jpg

1950 Chevy 3100 pickup :D

You can't beat a good old mini to pull apart!!
Nice job.:D

LOL, yeah but you may not have loved it so much a few months back, unless of course you like tinworm!!!!!

it's very hard to find one these days, unless you've got a big wallet

A very very big wallet. Cheapest I found was £50k, and that was a wreck, couldn't believe it, and that was still in the states! My dad had an ex military one when I was a kid, we drove all round Scotland in it, fantastic. I think he sold it for about £500 back then :eek:

Course I like tin worm! I already said I have a Land Rover :D

Quote, Rob W... "To be honest, it isnt in as bad a nick as i thought it was going to be..."

Rear subframes methinks?

He'll learn a lot of new skills sorting that out. He'll thoroughly enjoy it. Done a few myself. Better buy him a mig welder for his birthday. ;)
I wish I lived near you. Would be nice to get my teeth into that!! :D

Kev.

Well, all i know is the sills and floorpan are sound, the subframes seem ok to
me, the rear one looks like it was changed not that long ago. Its arse is well
up in the air now and he's cleaning all the crap from under there.

We have an apprentice at work who's restored a mini, its pre 73 so he pays
no road tax, and at 18yo he pays around £500 a year classic car insurance.
Not sure how many Saxo's and such can get that...

I've restored a few cars in the past, a Mini, a Rover 3.5 Coupe, a Morris Cowley
and a couple of 1960 MkII Consul/Zodiacs. I know which was the easiest and
cheapest out of that lot...

Cheers for all the comments guys..

Btw, very nice Chevy ... :cool:

Back