The River Dove

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Sunday the 30th December Was the first time since I became interested in photography that I returned to Dovedale in derbyshire to take some landscape images. I guess to be honest I had forgotten what an amazing place it is. Well I can safely say I will be making a few more journeys back there as there is just so much to photograph. Below is an image of the River Dove that I am quite pleased with.

30_12_2007_Dovedale%20Derbyshire_00079.jpg

I live a couple of villages away from Dovedale, and indeed it is a great place to live / visit. Some nice feathering achieved on the water on your shot. Nice to see soemone concentrating on something other than the steppiong stones...... keep it up...

very paintingish

was that the stepping stones ?

Thanks. Nope these werent the stepping stones, they were actually flooded when I was there!

I live a couple of villages away from Dovedale, and indeed it is a great place to live / visit. Some nice feathering achieved on the water on your shot. Nice to see soemone concentrating on something other than the steppiong stones...... keep it up...

Yeah, im sure I would have taken some images of the stepping stones if they were visable but to be honest from looking around at images on the net they have been done to death. However they are what you make of them and im sure I could have managed something unique :eek: Thanks for the comments on the photo much appreciated.

I like that very much, DiddyDaves crop and process is better than the original, but its great... its the kind of shot id never think of taking... :)

Fab - with a crop like this (below) I'd happily have it on my wall, and I don't say that often about others' images!!!

(after removing the probable muck spot at about 5 O'Clock from the green rock that is! :D)

(y)

Antc.jpg

First of all thats quite some critique :D
Yeah, I will give you the dust spot, I completely missed that. Quite like the slighty different crop too.
Other than the crop and dust removal what exactly have you done to the image DiddyDave, the colours look a little better to me.

Quite like the slighty different crop too.
Other than the crop and dust removal what exactly have you done to the image DiddyDave, the colours look a little better to me.

Hi Antc

What 'exactly' ??? - bu**ger already saved and thus lost the detail

From memory then (wine induced so bear with me)

Opened in CS3
Opened Levels
Dragged white point in a bit to the left
Dragged black point in a bit to the right
(effect is increasing contrast overall)
In Saturation, increased that by 10 points
In Unsharpen Mask, something like 90% and 1, Threshold 0
Canvas Size, 0.1 black to add a smidge of a border

Love the shot - makes me want to travel to Derbyshire to meet up for another go of my own!

:clap:

Hi Antc

What 'exactly' ??? - bu**ger already saved and thus lost the detail

From memory then (wine induced so bear with me)

Opened in CS3
Opened Levels
Dragged white point in a bit to the left
Dragged black point in a bit to the right
(effect is increasing contrast overall)
In Saturation, increased that by 10 points
In Unsharpen Mask, something like 90% and 1, Threshold 0
Canvas Size, 0.1 black to add a smidge of a border

Love the shot - makes me want to travel to Derbyshire to meet up for another go of my own!

:clap:

Ok thanks for that much appreciated. Helps me to learn (y)

Back