The Roaches

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Spent a couple of hours here this afternoon. Must go back later in the day.
Hope you like the pics. C+C welcome as ever.

Great pics!!!

I must try and get up there while the heather is out

A nice set of pics. 2 would have to be my fave. Was looking at this walk on the internet last week as I wanted to get out abit more. How did you find it? We settled for a short 5 mile loop through Deep Dale nature reserve.

Nice set #1+2 for me lovely sky and good foreground, #3 In IMO a little over processed and #4 is the weaker of the set, after scrolling down from the others it comes across as rather flat if you know what I mean. Anyway well worth waiting around for and thanks for sharing, I just hope that you had a large enough flask? Is that the reason for you needing to return later on in the day? as that is usually the case for me :LOL:, I always run out of one of the most important items in my camera bag when walking the hills of Snowdonia my flask of tea :)

Once again thanks for sharing and look forward to the photos from your return great location (y)

Thanks very much for the input (y)

Interesting that the least processed ones are preferred - but I can see why.

Great pics!!!

I must try and get up there while the heather is out

1 & 2 for me, lovely cloud formation, nice stuff.

A nice set of pics. 2 would have to be my fave. Was looking at this walk on the internet last week as I wanted to get out abit more. How did you find it? We settled for a short 5 mile loop through Deep Dale nature reserve.

Cheers! Yeah, the heather is looking good.

Matto: I don't really know the area. I just turned off the Leek - Buxton rd.

Nice set #1+2 for me lovely sky and good foreground, #3 In IMO a little over processed and #4 is the weaker of the set, after scrolling down from the others it comes across as rather flat if you know what I mean. Anyway well worth waiting around for and thanks for sharing, I just hope that you had a large enough flask? Is that the reason for you needing to return later on in the day? as that is usually the case for me :LOL:, I always run out of one of the most important items in my camera bag when walking the hills of Snowdonia my flask of tea :)

Once again thanks for sharing and look forward to the photos from your return great location (y)

Thanks Kevin - appreciate you taking the time. No, nothing to do with tea :LOL:
I hope to get back there this week, but at a better time

love the first shot colours are amazing

Yep they all work for me. Nice and atmospheric!

Thanks a lot.

fantastic shots its lovely up there walked it many times mainly in the rain. did you use filters on these?

Lovely shots Simon, cloud formation in #1 and 2 is fantastic, thats it with clouds never get the same pattern twice...very nice.
Matto....you can see tittesworth reservoir in the background to #1 and 2 so I presume if you turn left half way up the steep bank on the Leek to Buxton road you should find it Ok
Also Google the Roaches Tea Room if you want a nice coffee break with spectacular views
Dave

THIS will take you over the Roaches!

Prefer the mono number 4 of the set, I find the colour ones over-processed and unnaturally dark (particularly the skies), just my taste though.

Have to say also - these were taken at Ramshaw Rocks, not the Roaches - you can just see the southern end of the Roaches on the right of picture 3, quite a way away. I much prefer the view from Ramshaw rocks, if you go right up to the top there is a great view of Hen Cloud, the entire Roaches ridge and Tittesworth reservoir. Makes for a great sunset if you time it right, would recommend taking a torch for the descent though.

Back