The Road To Kinlochewe

That is beautiful.

That's clever. Is it just the conditions, late/early sun on a wet road?

Love it.

A familiar view for me.

I like the way the 'wild' peaceful landscape contrasts with the speedy flow of the car light trails.

How long ?

Cheers guys - 3 shots stacked with a soft grad. Each one 30 secs - need a fast car to get up there in 30 secs lol

Well that's a really lovely light trail, certainly one of the best example of the style I've seen in a long time you should be really proud of it only the most minor point but you do appear to have a few dust spots so it might be time for a sensor clean (y)

Cracking shot Michael, love the light trails through the valley towards the lake

Well that's a really lovely light trail, certainly one of the best example of the style I've seen in a long time you should be really proud of it only the most minor point but you do appear to have a few dust spots so it might be time for a sensor clean (y)

yeah, time to blitz those F22 bunnies - Ill clone them on the original, cheers.

Cracking shot Michael, love the light trails through the valley towards the lake

We don't have lakes and valleys up here mate lol ;) - Glens and Lochs thank you :D

That's a bit special.

Lovely muted colours, great detail in the trails and I like how there is a gleam on some of the bends. The mist in the distance is good as well.

Mist have been a great experience standing there :)

Cheers.

That's a bit special.

Lovely muted colours, great detail in the trails and I like how there is a gleam on some of the bends. The mist in the distance is good as well.

Mist have been a great experience standing there :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy - yeah its a lovely spot.

Loch Maree if I'm not mistaken? I've never been to the viewpoint since it was a viewpoint but it's where the original road used to go and you got this view as you came over the top of the hill. Breathtaking. It was a single track road then, unfortunately some people seemed to forget they'd left the M8 way behind. It's safer now but just not the same.

One comment Michael, "Excellent".(y)

George.

yeah thats Loch Maree at the bottom - the glen is commonly know amongst locals as the "gateway to the shire" :)

That is an excellent shot, Michael.

The new road is superb; I have driven the old, single track one, too many time not to appreciate what a good job they have done with this one but unfortunately what looked like a very tidy wall at the top of glen is, after only a short time, starting to crumble.

This is part of the A832 which is a superb road to drive; it has sections in forest and in open moorland, good changes or direction and elevation, and if you are going east to west, you are rewarded with the view in Michael's photo.

Dave

BTW close to the bottom of the glen there is a big pull in with a very good line of sight on a section that could be taken slightly faster than something which I believe is known as the 'speed limit'.

Its a lovely take on light trails and of course a stunning location, nice subtle pastel colour in the sky, and the light trail gives a riot of colour against the dark valley a great contrast, really nice work!

Thanks everyone -

Scottish Highalnds and Islands Enterprise want to use it for some media publications so all good.

Back