The RucPac competition #2 Discussion Thread ( The results)

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
The theme is "Colours of Autumn"

lol, I was wondering why I couldn't see it after I posted it. :)

I've stepped right outside my comfort zone, hope it fits the theme. (delete if needed ;) :LOL: )
Image was taken in a Grotto at Shuttleworth Swiss gardens today, weather was awful but I liked the colours inside the Grotto.

Tech spec's 5D IV - EF 24mm - 1/125 - ISO 100 - f1.4

I went for a walk in the woods with my camera, I have got a shot I can submit, but have definitely missed the best of the autumn colours here in the Midlands. Will have another try tomorrow.

I went for a walk in the woods with my camera, I have got a shot I can submit, but have definitely missed the best of the autumn colours here in the Midlands. Will have another try tomorrow.
Nothing but bare trees here or full green still :(

Sorry Mike @mstphoto rules
Each entry must be taken within that 2-week period.

So, does that mean the image has to be taken between the 10th and 24th November??
That's what the rules say Mike.
Nothing but bare trees here or full green still :(
The title was meant to make people think.
Nowhere does it mention trees, or leaves, either on the trees or on the ground.
;)

I got a better shot from my bike ride today - although at one point I did end up taking an unintentional lie down in the autumn leaves. Fortunately, my camera seemed to survive the tumble.

I got a better shot from my bike ride today - although at one point I did end up taking an unintentional lie down in the autumn leaves. Fortunately, my camera seemed to survive the tumble.
Sorry to hear, you ok?

Yes the Autumn leaves can be a problem ... I remember cycling downhill on a path in one of our parks (cycling permitted), when I realised I needed to slow down a bit.
Applied the brakes gently, only to slide along on the leaves toward a family group with no way of stopping!
Fortunately, and without spotting me, they parted like skittles hit with a ball and I was able to sail through and come to a stop on the flat. :oops: :$
Bizarrely I have so far only managed to fall off when stationary! :thinking:

Sorry to hear, you ok?

Yes the Autumn leaves can be a problem ... I remember cycling downhill on a path in one of our parks (cycling permitted), when I realised I needed to slow down a bit.
Applied the brakes gently, only to slide along on the leaves toward a family group with no way of stopping!
Fortunately, and without spotting me, they parted like skittles hit with a ball and I was able to sail through and come to a stop on the flat. :oops: :$
Bizarrely I have so far only managed to fall off when stationary! :thinking:
I'm OK, falling is all part of the fun!

I was surprised at the lack of entries, although the latest post is making up for it with 2 images...

Apologies. Couldn’t see anything in the rules that it was a one shot deal.

Also looked liked it opened on the 3rd - because that’s when your post was. - even though it then goes on to say from the 10th. My fault, I only read as far as is now open

I will withdraw both.

Last edited:

Also looked liked it opened on the 3rd - because that’s when your post was. - even though it then goes on to say from the 10th.

I will withdraw both.

No I won’t, as you’ve already done it. ✅

Rules

About halfway down the page

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, and will be spread out over the next few months.
Each entry must be taken within that 2 week period.

Also looked liked it opened on the 3rd -
Each one is announced a week in advance, hence the 3rd, its then updated when the competition opens.

There is still time to enter :)

Just re-read the rules. It doesn't say that each person can only enter one.

Is that a condition of entry?
It's generally accepted that all competitions certainly here are 1 submission only.
But I guess I had better add that to the rules, just so everyone is perfectly clear.

It's generally accepted that all competitions certainly here are 1 submission only.
But I guess I had better add that to the rules, just so everyone is perfectly clear.

No worries.

First time I've ever tried an entry. So wasn't sure.

@Cobra you can enter, but Chris and I may not choose to let you win...:exit:

@Cobra you can enter, but Chris and I may not choose to let you win...:exit:
As above Lindsay, it was just a bump as it closes in less than 24 hours
Besides, It'd be unfair on everyone that entered :D

Last edited:
The results.
Thanks to everyone that entered, they are all excellent, and each one
with its own special merits.

It didn't take us long to declare Dave @-Oy- with his fountain among the colourful Autumn landscape the winner.

Well done Dave.
Please PM Lindsay, with your details and choice of prize, from the list HERE

WooooHoooooo thanks :banana:

Back