The Scallop

Edit My Images
No
Had a drive to Aldeburgh last night after going to a couple of other spots for a bit of research. The sunset was a bit of a none event but there were some nice moody clouds in the sky.

1/5 sec at f/13, iso100.
Scallop by tomh198218, on Flickr

Thanks for looking T

Tom like that a lot, love the contrast between that sky & the pebbles, well done :D

I really like this,well done.:)

I love the textures of the pebbles and the sky is wonderful, but not keen on the 50/50 horizon position.

Not sure about the 50/50 aspect, that much foreground isn't as interesting as the sculpture or the angry, dramatic sky. I think this would work better with much less stones. Nicely exposed as there is real detail in the sculpture.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I went for this crop as I'm not a fan of cropping images square & I also like the depth/perspective the pebbles give by getting smaller towards the sculpture.

Each to their own I guess

I don't think that the 50/50 horizontal split matters - In fact it strengthens it as a graphic design image. It's a strong composition. Photographs can be pieces of graphic design.

Besides, the ground pebbles and the stormy sky complement and balance each other equally.

Last edited:
Back