The shard visit

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, is anybody going to visit the Shard building in London that opens to the public next year with breathtaking views of the city. Hopefully they will let you in with tripod and camera equipment. Seems like a great opportunity for great city scapes. Would anybody be interested in coming as the wife's scared of heights.

Hi, is anybody going to visit the Shard building in London that opens to the public next year with breathtaking views of the city. Hopefully they will let you in with tripod and camera equipment. Seems like a great opportunity for great city scapes. Would anybody be interested in coming as the wife's scared of heights.

I've just been looking at this too. I'm not keen on heights either but might have go to this sometime (not sure when though).

Regarding photography - i've found this statement in their t&c's

"Visitors are welcome to bring hand-held cameras and video equipment to create images and footage for their own personal, non-commercial use. We regret that tripods and monopods are not permitted onsite. Any media or commercial photography and filming must be approved in advance by The View from The Shard’s press office."

So it looks like tripods are out unfortunately.....just wondering though if there might be a handrail or something that you could attach a gorillapod to?

I visited the Shard yesterday and can confirm there are handrails that you could possibly attach a gorilla pod too. I'm not 100% sure if it might be too far away from the glass though, so you may get reflections.

The top floor is part exposed so you can hear all the noise from the city and feel the cold...very weird but fun!

Enjoy :)

Back