The Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG lens

Name
doh!
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

Anyone have one of these? I was looking at other f/2.8 lenses and this one looks really cheap compared to it's canon equivalent.

I have one of these - and love it. Had it a couple of years now - had one minor problem with the AF motor which caused a bit of a panic but was quickly and efficiently sorted out by Sigma under warranty. My reasons for buying were that I knew I couldn't stretch to the Canon version, I'd heard good reviews of this one, and it fitted in nicely with my game-plan for a kitbag of lenses which would all eventually go over to full frame if I went that way. It feels like a nice solid lens and works a treat with my 40D.

Thanks Witch, I'm looking at one for £179 s/h and feel like I should just snap it up at that price, sooo little money for so many possibilities..

Thanks Witch, I'm looking at one for £179 s/h and feel like I should just snap it up at that price, sooo little money for so many possibilities..

Buy it! That's a definite bargain price!

That most certainly is a bargain at the moment! I bought mine new for £249 from Jessops about 18 months ago.. which is also a bargain these days!

I really can't fault it, I've done some real world tests against the Canon and I couldn't spot any difference between there two really except a little sharpness at f2.8... which is usually easily correctable :) I must say, I'm not a pixel peeper or gear head though.. I use it for work, it delivers the goods.. I'm happy :)

I have the Nikon version great lens. That is a very good price you mention:)

Thx guys I'm going for it. I'll post a pic or two when it arrives to see if it is a bargain after all :whistle:

Sorry for dragging this thread back again but the lens was delivered almost 2 weeks ago and been that busy with work I've not been able to get to grips with it till this weekend. I thought you might like to see a couple of shots.

1. Ro, my 15 month old cocker

2. Ravenscraig Park

So far I like it but it loves to flare anywhere near the sun, may get a CPL and see how it does with that.

Thx Aj, I like this shot too. Don't know why, autumn colours I suppose

I can live with the noise no problem :)

Back