The Snowdon Horseshoe

:agree:

I hit the like button as you managed to get the moon into a shot that I believe gives enough detail for me to be able to imagine how the grass and earth smelt (lots of detail and a natural look)!

However, I believe that leaving the strip of sky in around a couple of centimetres or so above the moon actually detracts from that shot (drawing the eye away from what should be the main focal area). So I'd be looking to crop around 10% to 15% off the top of that image to frame the shot as a tighter and stronger composition. So perhaps give that a go and see what you think?

“Excellent” shot, with some lovely colours.

George.

I hit the like button as you managed to get the moon into a shot that I believe gives enough detail for me to be able to imagine how the grass and earth smelt (lots of detail and a natural look)!

However, I believe that leaving the strip of sky in around a couple of centimetres or so above the moon actually detracts from that shot (drawing the eye away from what should be the main focal area). So I'd be looking to crop around 10% to 15% off the top of that image to frame the shot as a tighter and stronger composition. So perhaps give that a go and see what you think?

I see what you mean, @Mr Badger. Thanks for the suggestion

_S2A5325-height reduced Pano by Nigel Pitts-Drake, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely light in the image. I do agree with Badger in that I would lop 10% of the sky, it goes too dark for me (guessing it’s the polariser). Lovely overall image though.

Thanks Tom, much appreciated. I don't use a polariser with this type of shot because the variability it would cause in the sky would make it very unnatural looking.

I love it but for me the shadows have been lifted to much

I love it but for me the shadows have been lifted to much

+1. It looks nicely balanced but you could certainly let the foreground be a little darker and make the mountain stand out more. And I think you need a sky to fill about a third, no less.

Back