The Space and Astronomy Thread

I wonder with all the snippets of info being realeased over this last year especially the latest u.f.o sightings videos if the powers that be are preparing us for the fact that we are not alone and they have known for years .

I wonder with all the snippets of info being realeased over this last year especially the latest u.f.o sightings videos if the powers that be are preparing us for the fact that we are not alone and they have known for years .
No.

But are you 100% certain in that statement ,unfortunately I can’t be having once witnessed something that can’t be explained under the normal circumstances

But are you 100% certain in that statement...
Yes. And I'm also 100% certain that the Apollo moon landings were genuine. A conspiracy of the nature which you're proposing just couldn't be kept quiet. It would leak. Everything always leaks.

Yes. And I'm also 100% certain that the Apollo moon landings were genuine. A conspiracy of the nature which you're proposing just couldn't be kept quiet. It would leak. Everything always leaks.
yes it does Stewart and I think snippets of it already have ,but if you yourself for instance claimed to have seen a u.f.o your friends and family or anyone else would automatically dismiss your claim as fantasy .so a lot of sightings are kept stume . I came across this attitude about 20 years ago when I came face to face within about 15 yards with a full grown black panther/jaguar in a farmers field in Shropshire ,despite numerous other sitings of it at the time my friends and contacts all thought it was fantasy ,it certainly wasn't to me ..

your turn ?

yes it does Stewart and I think snippets of it already have ,but if you yourself for instance claimed to have seen a u.f.o your friends and family or anyone else would automatically dismiss your claim as fantasy .so a lot of sightings are kept stume . I came across this attitude about 20 years ago when I came face to face within about 15 yards with a full grown black panther/jaguar in a farmers field in Shropshire ,despite numerous other sitings of it at the time my friends and contacts all thought it was fantasy ,it certainly wasn't to me ..

your turn ?

wtf does this have to do with astronomy?

Not a lot :pint:

Today is the day that the Earth is closest to the Sun all year. We are now 3.1 million miles closer to the Sun than we will be in July.

Better for my fair skin...

Gutted. John Young, Gemini, Apollo and Shuttle astronaut has died.

We have lost another of the 12.

And then there were 5.

What a career Young had. Gemini, Apollo, Space Shuttle, one of only 3 men to go to the moon twice, commander of the first shuttle flight, first man to go into space 6 times. Wow.

I heard him described as "the astronaut's astronaut" which shows the respect his colleagues had for him. He had a whole catalogue of achievements including being the first person to smuggle a corned beef sandwich into space!

RIP

I heard him described as "the astronaut's astronaut" which shows the respect his colleagues had for him. He had a whole catalogue of achievements including being the first person to smuggle a corned beef sandwich into space!

RIP

By some coincidence I heard the phrase “The astronaut’s astronaut“ in my latest audiobook, Fallen Astronauts. However it was applied to another of the astronauts taken on in the same group as John Young, Ed White.
Young’s career obviously went to much greater heights after White’s tragic death.

ET was calling home but no-one was listening :(

wow! that was precision recovery of the boosters.

Love to see those boosters land, almost as much as the lift off :)

No news yet...

I watched in 1969 man land on the Moon and seen/done a lot of stuff since and tbh felt a bit jaded with what life has left to thrill me with, but that was just WOW!!!
So exciting to see those side boosters land on their own, really, stuff of science fiction.
Matt

Ah. So, the centre stage crashed on landing.

Back