The state of EFL photographer's rooms

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Got to be the worst I've experienced. Have you seen any worse than this?

ZMGU8g

Scunthorpe... :eek:

Quite a lot of grounds dont have one... None at Accy.. You can get a team sheet if your early enough.. otherwise thats it for photogrpahers..

View attachment 115806

When York were in the FL you had to sit in the stands. Scunthorpe is bad though!

That’s an improvement from when I was there last season! The room was piled high with chairs and boxes of god knows what. I ended up sitting in stand and dug out sorting my bits and pieces

Fulham's is terrible but you get food! AFC Wimbledon don't seem to have one & Charlton's I can't get to!

To be honest I am not much for press rooms.. too many old pros .. quite depressing to see/listen to some of them... all they seem to do is moan and complain about other photogrpahers.. If I have to use one to sign in then I do and then go pitchside... I also tend not to go in a ground too early.. don't understand why photogrpahers go in with a couple of hrs to spare... I average 15 minutes before KO ..sometimes I am earlier.. sometimes 5 to KO ..depends on situation but I cant think of anything worse than and hr or two in a press room before a match starts....

When I was on the sports circuit I spent as little time in photographers’ rooms as possible. As far as I know, nothing interesting has ever happened in one, whereas on the pitch and in the stands there is always interesting stuff going on. The exception was the crowd invasion into the media centre in the Marcana in the 2014 World Cup which I missed as I was pitchside. Some photographers got squashed under collapsing metal lockers and suchlike yet still managed to get pictures.

Nothing wrong with Scunny, do you still get the unsold pies and pasties at full time?
Plenty of grounds with no facilities at all!
Wigan I always found ok
Bolton only been once and went straight to pitch side as nice sunny day.
Notts County - nothing
Rochdale- nothing
Mansfield - nothing
But these are lower leagues.

To be honest I am not much for press rooms.. too many old pros .. quite depressing to see/listen to some of them... all they seem to do is moan and complain about other photogrpahers.. If I have to use one to sign in then I do and then go pitchside... I also tend not to go in a ground too early.. don't understand why photogrpahers go in with a couple of hrs to spare... I average 15 minutes before KO ..sometimes I am earlier.. sometimes 5 to KO ..depends on situation but I cant think of anything worse than and hr or two in a press room before a match starts....
I used to arrive about 1.5 hrs early, but then I was travelling with the reporter for BBC Radio Cambridgeshire so as Auntie was paying I didn’t complain!

Some shockers among the togs rooms in the northwest. Wigan and Blackburn are pretty grim, while Bolton's is the sort of place you might keep a hostage captive, if you didn't like them much.
Surprised to hear Blackburns is prety grim especialy for a club that spent a lot of years in the premiership,would have thought they would have had a decent press room

Surprised to hear Blackburns is prety grim especialy for a club that spent a lot of years in the premiership,would have thought they would have had a decent press room

They did up to last season.. always manned.. butties and soup... wifi and ethernet.. telly on.... but thy recently moved it.. not been in since but i believe its pokey

They did up to last season.. always manned.. butties and soup... wifi and ethernet.. telly on.... but thy recently moved it.. not been in since but i believe its pokey
Cost cutting by the Venkys,although i must admit its been a few years since i was inside the ground ...

When I was on the sports circuit I spent as little time in photographers’ rooms as possible. As far as I know, nothing interesting has ever happened in one, whereas on the pitch and in the stands there is always interesting stuff going on.

Exactly. Never sold a photo of anything going on in a photographer's room.

Out on the pitch or outside the ground at the same time is where you'll find colourful fans, team coaches arriving, club characters and preview shots of all kinds. No press rooms at any of the LOI ground here, or at GAA grounds either. Don't need them.

Back