The Stones lead singer (More added)

Tori

Suspended / Banned
Name
Tori
Edit My Images
Yes
A gig that I went to at the weekend had The Stones playing one night. I took this with my nifty fifty. Am I right to be pleased with it? It just stood out from my other pictures. I really like it :) I've never taken people pictures in low light, so this was a first for me.

IMG_0143.jpg

Last edited:
I like it a lot :D Don't know if I'm talking rubbish (or even sure there's anything you can do about it) but the red looks very bright and so does the top of the hand, losing detail.

Mind you I've never shot at a gig so if I took this I'd be mega chuffed :D

It was red lighting :( hence the redness. I've lowered the highlights as much as I can for the hand. I'll ahve another go and see how I do ;-) Thanks Sarah x

It was red lighting :( hence the redness. I've lowered the highlights as much as I can for the hand. I'll ahve another go and see how I do ;-) Thanks Sarah x

Oh yeah, I can see it in the hair now. I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest. Its great :)

I like it-:clap: maybe a mono conversion would work -

one slight critique is the watermark, looks like he's about to squash it with his hand :shrug: maybe place it to the right of shot?

Les (y)

That is good. I do the photos for the theatre group where my 5 year old goes, and have just got a nifty! I hope I can get some quality like this!

And yes, the red lights are a Bu**er! Everything goes soft and loses detail in red light. Guess which colour light is favourite at the theatre where I go?

Love this shot, good action, sharp as a pin. Agree about moving the watermark, though, but that's not a critique of the image per se.

:)

You've every right to be pleased with it Tori - It's a cracker. :)

Thanks again Sarah :)

Thanks Les, agreed on the watermark, it's a bit of a pain to move if I'm honest! :LOL: I have done a black and white one just for you though :)

Thanks Mercedes :)

Just a couple more of my faves....

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

I think they are all very good, I'v tried a few gig's and found it very hard because of the lighting.
Good stuff (y)

5 is the pick for myself... It shows more of a feel to it being at a gig.

Not keen on the 1st as he looks to be floating in mid air. Some of the others are nice but 5 has the feel IMHO.

MD(y)

I think they are all very good, I'v tried a few gig's and found it very hard because of the lighting.
Good stuff (y)

Thanks Andrew x

5 is the pick for myself... It shows more of a feel to it being at a gig.

Not keen on the 1st as he looks to be floating in mid air. Some of the others are nice but 5 has the feel IMHO.
MD(y)

Thanks MD. Does he look like he may be singing elsewhere then? :LOL: I kind of like the 'floaty' feel of some of them. Each to their own. thanks for commenting :)

Not an expert on gig photography but they look very good to me!

Nor me!! :LOL: I just enjoyed doing it :) Thanks alot :) x

Why so you ask? No the background was mostly black, I just cloned out some mike stands and anything distracting.

The first one is spot on Tori.
The rest are good too. I know only too well how challenging this can be - the normal rules go out of the window and you have to nail it in three songs, no flash, obstacles everywhere, unsightly backgrounds, high ISO to get enough light in and minimise movement blur, lighting that changes in intensity and colour in a fraction of a second . . . shall I go on? :)

I try to avoid shots where the microphone obscures a large percentage of the face. It's all about anticipating, and being ready when that special moment comes along . . .all in 10 minutes or so!

PS: I like the mono one of the guitarist with the beam of light pouring over him through the smoke ;)

I do think the watermark is a little obtrusive in the first one, but that's a piece of cake to sort out!

Thank you Steve, that's some really nice feedback. I took alot of photos that night, so there was alot of luck involved with avoiding messy backgrounds :LOL: I did clone out a few spots etc but I try to think more when I shoot now instead of snapping away! ;-)

This watermark is one of my less obtrusive ones! :LOL: It is a bit unsightly agreed, but there for a reason I guess.

Thanks alot :)

What a pukka set, Tori you Honky Tonk Women , I would be over the moon with those.

Yayy! Aww thanks Chris x
I've just pointed the band in the direction of my website. I'm hoping they like them too now! :)

Tori you Honky Tonk Women , I would have a lot of Satisfaction if they were mine.

Did you use Jumpin' Jack Flash or just up the ISO

Love the ones you Paint It Black.

:wave::exit:

Back