Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Out with My mate Dave & "Storm" just before Xmas
My fat lazy SOB was in no mood to fly so I just took the camera along and amused my self ( taking pictures :D)

If I sit here long enough someone will feed me

Storm.jpg

Gently does it.................

storm_1.jpg

Is this my best side?

storm_2.jpg

all 400D & 70-200L

If the Jessies (never sure how you spell that) and bells werent in view first would be absolutely stonking pic :) not that there is anything wrong with it as is though, is highly unlikely we would see these in the wild here ;) great set Chris :)

Thanks Ian! they are a central / south American species so not likely :D though there are reportedly a few "ferals" (escapee's) breeding ( surviving at least ) in the south
( Kent & Hampshire areas)
BTW " Jesse's"

i like the 1st shot there mate .

but the 2nd is a shot i would love to have a bird like that coming into land " hand out of shot jesse cloned out "

oh i can see it now..

tfs

md(y)

Cheers md (y) I've got some like that but they look a little bit odd as its "un-natural" behaviour ( to me)
TFL

Very disappointed, there's nothing funny about these at all, you need better material ;)

Lovely bird though :)

Very disappointed, there's nothing funny about these at all, you need better material ;)

Lovely bird though :)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Am I getting a bit of a rep?

Cheers md (y) I've got some like that but they look a little bit odd as its "un-natural" behaviour ( to me)
TFL

perhaps you need to clone in a little animal to give the impression of " your time is up"

:thinking:

md(y)

Superb shots Chris of a stunning creature (y)

Thanks for the kind comments Alby its appriciated (y)

Comparing the first and the last it looks to me as the 1st one could do with a bit of a (selective masked?) levels tweak to lighten it a bit.
Nice shots otherwise

Lovely shots Chris
A handsome beast indeed (y)

Thanks Robin (y)

Comparing the first and the last it looks to me as the 1st one could do with a bit of a (selective masked?) levels tweak to lighten it a bit.
Nice shots otherwise

Thanks for the feed back Paul, its appriciated
Yes your right it is a tad dark I have given it a levels boost and bought it out a little ( as per the image) but I am not good enough with PS yet as far as the "masking" thing goes ( not got the hang of it yet)

Lovely photos. I agree that #1 is dark, but since the bird's back is in the shade I suspect it would be difficult to do much about it. I think the differential focus in #2 - with the handler just slightly OOF - is absolutely great.

However, I must admit I'm a bit surprised by the harshness of the OOF background in #1 and #2. I'd have expected better from a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L - more like #3 in fact.

Lovely photos. I agree that #1 is dark, but since the bird's back is in the shade I suspect it would be difficult to do much about it. I think the differential focus in #2 - with the handler just slightly OOF - is absolutely great.

However, I must admit I'm a bit surprised by the harshness of the OOF background in #1 and #2. I'd have expected better from a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L - more like #3 in fact.

Thanks for the feedback Stewart
I was right in the birds face "wide open" in #3 the others were smaller apertures and a little distance away from the bird. I don't think I still have the original files to check the exact EXIF though

I don't think I still have the original files to check the exact EXIF though
You don't need the originals. The pictures posted here have EXIF data and I can see it using Opanda IExif.

#1 was f=153mm, 1/800th at f/4.
#2 was f=148mm, 1/500th at f/4.
#3 was f=145mm, 1/100th at f/4.

So they all had pretty much the same focal length, and they were all at f/4. Were you actually closer to the bird in #3? That might account for the background being more completely OOF.

You don't need the originals. The pictures posted here have EXIF data and I can see it using Opanda IExif.

#1 was f=153mm, 1/800th at f/4.
#2 was f=148mm, 1/500th at f/4.
#3 was f=145mm, 1/100th at f/4.

So they all had pretty much the same focal length, and they were all at f/4. Were you actually closer to the bird in #3? That might account for the background being more completely OOF.

I got that wrong then :D
I thought I had removed the EXIF ( not that it matters)
Yes I was right in the birds face, which in turn was a distance from the background, shot against a "wide open" space

Back