The tale of a fat tog!

Barney12

I like Sailors
Edit My Images
Yes
Well after far too many years of being overweight and unfit I decided a couple of months ago to invest in a home gym. Lots of research on the net, some incredibly heavy pallet deliveries, much building (a full pro multi gym is quite an engineering feet to bolt together!) and it was up and running. Of course being a 'man' I also had to add the 32" TV, Hi-fi and Apple TV for streaming motivating music videos :LOL:

Anyway this afternoon I was being silly and created this:

4868814023_10951d450d_z.jpg

Oh and I've lost 10lb since I've had the gym so money well spent I reckon. Just another stone to go before I reach my target weight :)

TTFN

Barney

the one of you on the bike makes it look like you are butt naked and not wearing any shorts.

the one of you on the bike makes it look like you are butt naked and not wearing any shorts.

:LOL: Agree.

Good luck though, and hope you achieve your goal. (y)

Eeeek, "less good" :D According to my wife I have no arse anyway :thinking:

Barney

You probably lost the ten pounds just building the gym. :). You could take it apart and rebuild it every weekend.

Good luck with the programme.

You probably lost the ten pounds just building the gym. :). You could take it apart and rebuild it every weekend.

Good luck with the programme.

You are not wrong, that multi gym was an engineering feet in itself :)

Thanks for all the good luck messages, I'll need it due to my love of food and beer!!!

Barney

Just get a big trekker type bag, pack all your camera gear and walk for miles with it.
Lose weight and get some great pics along the way!!

Try and avoid a route with a good pub though, ploughmans and a pint half way round defeats the object. :bonk:

Paul

Just get a big trekker type bag, pack all your camera gear and walk for miles with it.
Lose weight and get some great pics along the way!!

Try and avoid a route with a good pub though, ploughmans and a pint half way round defeats the object. :bonk:

Paul

My enemy is always time. I know its a crap excuse but often I work a 12 hour day and pretty much always a 6 day week. I can dive in the gym at home and be out again 45mins later.

One day I'm going to retire and I hope I might have got half way past average at togging by then so I can make it a decent hobby :)

Barney

P.S. Mmmmmmmm Beer! If they serve any real ale then I'm stuffed! :D
Dont like that fizzy imported rubbish!

Well for fun I thought I would update you all....... Target weight reached and beat! I am now 2 whole stone lighter. But I've decided to see if I can do better still, just 1 more stone to go! I rate my chances as 'very, very slim' :D

Last edited:
2 stone in two and a bit months is good going - the next bit will be much harder, but keep at it - drinking lots of water and more fresh fruit & veg helps, I found...I had to completely 'cut' biscuits from the diet as I'm a fiend for the damn things...

2 stone in two and a bit months is good going - the next bit will be much harder, but keep at it - drinking lots of water and more fresh fruit & veg helps, I found...I had to completely 'cut' biscuits from the diet as I'm a fiend for the damn things...

Yes, it's proving hard to shift now :( I know exactly what you mean about biscuits, to make matters worse my wife has a habit of eating them in bed with her last cup of tea of the day!

We demand another gym photo as evidence of this large claim ;)

Well ok, I might just do that one at least you won't have to suffer my ugly mug!

P.S. I'm typing this on my iPad in the Chinese at the Holiday Inn, Edinburgh. Something tells me that's not going to help! Bad person! I have been to the gym though!

sounds too much like hard work to me! i am going to wait for the magic pill! And if I did loose weight I would have to buy new clothes...and that would mean less money to spend on photography!

Thats a good pic and good progress with the weight, the nearer to your goal you get the harder it`ll be, just gotta keep reminding yourself how much nicer it is feeling fit and healthy.

Thought it was time for an update. Alas its not been going so well, I've only lost a couple of pounds since my last post. I am though defo much fitter and use the gym at least 3 times a week. I also try and walk at least 10-15 miles a week.

So here's the picture. It shows my latest attmept at motivation!............. A Gym Upgrade :D We now have......

a) Sub Woofer for a bit more 'base in da house' :) (The wife loves that upgrade, NOT!)

b) RowPro Computer, now I can even row with the online community. (Why exactly would I want to do that?) But its great for races and pace setting. Of course more importantly its a gadget! :clap:

TTFN

Barney

If only I had the money, space, time, inclination.......................

Seriously, well done, would love something like that, it's always the drive to and from the gym that made me change my mind occasionally

I did have a Gym, but the addition to the family of my Son's car meant I had to revert it to a garage. He may move out soon, I can but hope

If only I had the money, space, time, inclination.......................

Seriously, well done, would love something like that, it's always the drive to and from the gym that made me change my mind occasionally

LOL, it's exactly that reason I stumped up the cash for the gym. Work schedules always seemed to get in the way, this way whatever time I get home I can still squeeze a brief session in the gym, even if it's only 20 mins.

....and it was cheaper than a gastric band operation :LOL:

I did have a Gym, but the addition to the family of my Son's car meant I had to revert it to a garage. He may move out soon, I can but hope

Well if the car is an Alpha then that's a close call. Any other marque then park it in the drive :)

The Alfa is in the steet. Her Beetle is on the drive and his Fiat Seicento Sporting is in the garage.

I know my place in the pecking order.

Seicento Sporting ...........(y)

Epic gym is epic :D

Wish it was mine lol.. I know your into your gadgets and all but free weights would be a lot more effective, you can't really do compound exercises with the machines (target multiple muscles), your limited to what exercises you can do (you can do hundreds of exercises with just dumbbells), free weights promote good posture and form along with letting your body move in a more natural way. But on the other hand machines are a lot more safe to work with and you don't really have to think about what your doing.

Lecture over :D

Epic gym is epic :D

Wish it was mine lol.. I know your into your gadgets and all but free weights would be a lot more effective, you can't really do compound exercises with the machines (target multiple muscles), your limited to what exercises you can do (you can do hundreds of exercises with just dumbbells), free weights promote good posture and form along with letting your body move in a more natural way. But on the other hand machines are a lot more safe to work with and you don't really have to think about what your doing.

Lecture over :D

Funny you should say that as I really fancy some free weights (and a bench) but I've not got much space left.

Back