The three lions

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
No
Dont normally shoot animals in zoos but couldnt resist the girls when i took my grandson to the five sisters zoo these girls are rescued animals
36487335265_8441ecba21_h.jpg

Cracking pose nicely captured (y)

That is a lovely pose with a cracking background :)

Beautiful shot(y)of some beautiful animals.
although i rhink the girls would need a diet:LOL:

Been told these are all boys LOL
never seen the dangling bits cause they where all lying down
Those are very bold than:thinking:
here at tsavo we have bold males that are quite unique but they most of the time have a tiny mohawlk or some fluff around the neck area.anyways:D that might explain why they are so huge

Been told these are all boys LOL
never seen the dangling bits cause they where all lying down
If they are boys all the dangly bits would have been removed hence no mane..

here at tsavo we have bold males that are quite unique
So does this occur naturally then as well?
At Whipsnade they removed "Everything" from Spike, the male, son's to stop any territorial disputes,and of course in breeding.
The males in that instance are about 1/4 - 1/3rd bigger than the females..

Last edited:
If they are boys all the dangly bits would have been removed hence no mane..

So does this occur naturally then as well?
At Whipsnade they removed "Everything" from Spike, the male, son's to stop any territorial disputes,and of course in breeding.
The males in that instance are about 1/4 - 1/3rd bigger than the females..
OH so actually the boldness comes from the lack of male hormones in spikes case.or?
for the tsavo lions scientist havent found out the reason behind their boldness yet but there are a few theories behind it starting from hormonal differences and less hair cover to reduce over heating to smaller to no manes so that males dont get stuck in bushes while hunting as tsavo is quite bushy.they are also said to be more agressive than males with larger manes.the man eaters of tsavo were maneless too so was another man eater forgot his name though.but these three look sooo feminine ha ha:LOL:

OH so actually the boldness comes from the lack of male hormones in spikes case.or?
I would suspect that it is the lack of testosterone, yes.
Spike was the dad ( Now sadly dead) it was his male off spring that had everything removed, without putting too fine a point on it, they just left a "vent" for them to pee very much like a female

the man eaters of tsavo were maneless too
Curiously interesting, now, I would have said that *if* they lack the testosterone it wouldn't have made them more aggressive, you live and learn. (y)

I would suspect that it is the lack of testosterone, yes.
Spike was the dad ( Now sadly dead) it was his male off spring that had everything removed, without putting too fine a point on it, they just left a "vent" for them to pee very much like a female

Curiously interesting, now, I would have said that *if* they lack the testosterone it wouldn't have made them more aggressive, you live and learn. (y)
Thats true as well:agree:.and its mainly tsavo and a few otherplaces.it might be something enviromental the way they said maybe the bushyness of the place cause places like masaimara and amboseli that have alot of open savannah have fully maned males.its strange thing:thinking:

A bit of more info on these guys they where rescued from a Circus by the zoo the circus Miss treated them and removed the claws from them

All happy now the five sisters zoo take great care of them

Last edited:
A bit of more info on these guys they where rescued from a Circus by the zoo the circus Miss treated them and removed the claws from them

All happy now the five sisters zoo take great care of them
Thats so miserable.i cant understand why people mistreat other creatures in such ways.we humans are so horrible at times its really sad.but luckily they have a better home now

Back