The time not to use the camera

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just been down the garden to check on the feeders and water, as a late afternoon treat I spread some crunchy Peanut Butter on a couple of the perches. No sooner had I screwed the lid back on and around 12 Long tailed tits were down and feeding. I am just stood there aprox 3ft from them whilst they were doing their usual acrobatics on the branches, better than any picture imo.

I have just been down the garden to check on the feeders and water, as a late afternoon treat I spread some crunchy Peanut Butter on a couple of the perches. No sooner had I screwed the lid back on and around 12 Long tailed tits were down and feeding. I am just stood there aprox 3ft from them whilst they were doing their usual acrobatics on the branches, better than any picture imo.

You without your camera ????? :eek: Thats streaking !!!

The Nutty portrait i got at Brocton Coppice was like that, straight down before i had put the food away
Atb
Cliff

I understand where your coming from, its easy to lose the pure enjoyment of wildlife just to get a shot.

Yip. I've spent a fair amount of time in the African bush and the whole experience can be spoiled, for me, by getting too obsessed with photographing it. You can miss a lot of the sights, sounds, smells and everything that makes the bush so amazing.

I have a friend in SA too - well educated and well travelled young woman - who refuses to own a camera. It would ' spoil the memories'. I might be moving n this direction now. Find that I don't take a DSLR with me very often, and the compact stays at home more and more too. Last time we were in Rome I left it in the hotel, and didn't use it at all. Wonderful trip.

Regularly walk the estate without a camera. I was sat watching kingfishers on the beck last weekend, never thought about not having a camera.

Watched otters from the back doorstep yesterday evening without reaching for the camera. If my batteries were charged it would have been hard not too reach for it though.

Agreed. Sometimes you just stick the camera away, grab a pair of binos an just watch and listen for the sheer enjoyment of it!

I often do this when something is likely to be frustrating or beyond my abilities. Enjoy nature for what it is.

Mind you it is also a fave tactic for wedding- no camera=more fun!

I was in the park on Friday running a test on a box of disposable cameras [had them a while and as 3 or us will be using one each for the challenge, just wanted to make sure the film was still usable] when right in front of me, on a conifer, appeared a pair of goldcrests. They were just hopping around and feeding, never seen them before and of course, the only camera I had was neither use nor ornament for such things, so just watched them. Totally beautiful, absolutely tiny, and made so much noise too, but a really 'happy' kind of noise. :love:

Regularly walk the estate without a camera. I was sat watching kingfishers on the beck last weekend, never thought about not having a camera.

I do that on our estate, but only so the hoodies don't knife me and steal the camera :LOL:

Back