The Toadstool & a Globular Springtail

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Marvellous 2mm long creatures are amazing to see up close, and of course the springtails are no exception.

I found this one clambering around a toadstool that has sprung up on the old wood on my bird table, so here is a series of shots as it made its way around.

All taken with the marumi ring flash, at either 100 ISO or 400 ISO, and at 1/200th sec@ f/16.

C&C as always allowed.

Paul.

Stunning as always!

makes me sad that I cant do it though :-( lol

Your welcome mate I just got to practice those shots.

Great shots and now I know that a Globular Springtail looks like. I look forward to being able to slip this into a conversation :D

That's a fantastic set, I love the gills of the toadstools. My favorite is No.3 though.
Can tell the little fella was comfortable with you being there, showing off by doing handstands in No.6. I'm interested to know if it did any other tricks after that? Cartwheels, somersaults, backflips - that sort of thing.

That's a fantastic set, I love the gills of the toadstools. My favorite is No.3 though.
Can tell the little fella was comfortable with you being there, showing off by doing handstands in No.6. I'm interested to know if it did any other tricks after that? Cartwheels, somersaults, backflips - that sort of thing.

Hi Dan.

The springtail has signed up to the 2012 Olympic diving team to represent the country. (y)

Paul.

Back